BEST BACKSTRAP RECIPE/SEASONING???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
Looking for something Different than the Old Flour/Salt & Pepper Fry?

Something New/Different Maybe?

Let's Spice it up a bit!

Gonna Eat/Cook a few Fresh Steaks before they are put in the Freezer!

Thanks!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Rub a little soy sauce on the steaks add some garlic and/or onion powder and pepper. I like to fry it in bacon grease but butter is good also. YUM

marinade equal parts of Kikkoman soy sauce, 7up, and cooking oil. overnight
cook on the barbecue to medium rare for a teriyaki tasting pisscutter!
Some will like it while others not so much, kinda like this forum! :) :)

>marinade equal parts of Kikkoman soy
>sauce, 7up, and cooking oil.
>overnight
>cook on the barbecue to medium
>rare for a teriyaki tasting
>pisscutter!
>Some will like it while others
>not so much, kinda like
>this forum! :) :)

Medium Rare?

You know I Always Over Cook My Meats!:D

i like to keep it simple and pure: rub with avocado or olive oil, season with a little salt, a lot of garlic powder and black pepper. Maybe a small amount of your favorite herbs, and grill on super hot grill about 4 minutes a side (i usually have a smallish chunk of backstrap, you may want a little more time on grill if bigger).
A little cumin maybe... Salt and black pepper at table.
Let the good wild flavor come through! Not fancy here...

LAST EDITED ON Oct-13-19 AT 10:07PM (MST)[p]I tried this one a couple days ago it was pretty good. Got it at Costco.
2998780e720132e7644f8bcad87b394e1bf17.jpeg
17374e49e7d013d3640499142abec6fed45ca.jpeg

34077c0fffb648fd44a58aef64deaabe1d8bc.jpeg

Give it a try !

Thanks Guys!

Keep em coming!

I've already got the same bottle of seasoning BIGJOHN!

Nothing Beats a Fresh Steak & Fresh Vegies this time of year!

Had a whitetail I shot years ago that was so old it was like eating my boots.

Put salt, pepper, garlic, sesame teriyaki, and fresh lemon juice then put in a Ziploc and squeezed out all the air and let set overnight. Put it on the bbq the next day and it was some of the best I ever had.

Tender and juicy

LAST EDITED ON Oct-14-19 AT 07:41AM (MST)[p]"Medium Rare?

You know I Always Over Cook My Meats!"

That's your first mistake...

NEVER over cook wild game!!!! ;)

Fry bacon and onions in a skillet. Remove bacon, onions and excess grease.

Sear steaks in the bacon grease. Turn the temp down and put the onion, bacon and a little brown sugar on the meat. Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.

+ 1 to the Montreal Steak seasoning recipe on the grill. Its outstanding, and yes, medium rare :)

After Backstrap is removed, cut in thirds.
Then eat fresh or freeze for later.
Season with montreal packet. Brown sugar bourbon is my favorite.
Wrap with bacon and smoke at 225 on traeger for 3 - 4 hours depending on species.

Go to a website called " The spruce Eats".
Under the search bar type in Italian Dressing Marinade. You might never want another recipe. Don't marinade over 4 or 5 hours though. Follow the instructions and you will like it as well or better than beef.

This is magic stroganoff recipe

Tenderloin or backstrap. I shot a nice Antelope and that was unreal using this recipe. I cooked it on ice quickly and so the meat was as good or better than Whitetail.

1 lb antelope tenderloin thinly sliced and soaked in milk for 10 minutes
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 can Campbells Golden Mushroom soup
2/3 cup milk
1 med chopped onion
10 oz sliced mushrooms
3/4 tsp paprika
1 tsp pepper
2/3 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon au jus powder

Cook steak in large skillet with oil til brown adding au jus at first
. Then add onions in meat and lower heat from med high to med low and cook
until onions are tender.
Put all other ingredients in a medium pot and bring to boil.
Then add liquid to meat and add mushrooms. Simmer on low for 35 minutes at a low boil covered stirring every 4-5 minutes.
Pour over cooked egg noodles. Its an amazing meal.
7938858321antelopestroganoff.jpg

Pic by 2Lumpy

RE: This is magic stroganoff recipe

Coat it in skippy peanut butter then roll it in rock salt.....then bake at 400 for 6 hours.....to please bess

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Hey Bessy,
Go to www.Andrias.com
You have to try their sauce
I've been dinning there for over 30 years.
If you use as a marinade for any about of time I think it has a stronger onion taste.
So I just heat the sauce and pour over the top it awesome

Their Prime Rib is the best in the world

If any of you come to my neck of the woods, Bessy, BigJohnT DeLoss Cody etc
Dinner at Andrias is on Me

Mugs the owners wife was very cool (in lack of another word) when I was in my twenties
I had a steady girlfriend who Mugs knew her as my girlfriend she would call us by ours names
The next time I might go there with let's say a friend she'd act like she never seen me before in her life.

I Always Loved Mugs

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

LOL!

You Boys Cured Me of ever eating anything RAW again after you BRAGGED on them RAW QUACKER Dinners!

melt half a stick of butter in a cast iron skillet, use seasonall and sear to medium rare. let rest for a few minutes and down the gullet it goes! instead of seasonall, you could use a kosher salt fresh ground black pepper mixture.
ive also let a backstrap age in my fridge for a week or two. becomes fork tender after trimming and cooking. best way in my opinion! better post pictures of your meat!

"Shoot Straight"

?Spade L Ranch Beef Marinade and Seasoning? you can get it at any associated foods store in the butcher department. Slather it on your meat and grill on high to medium rare.

Best seasoning I've ever tried.

Dax

Use hi mountain seasonings venison rub and coat the entire back strap. Place it on your smoker on lowest temperature setting and smoke until internal temperature is 135*. I've never had any better tasting, more moist venison in my life. That includes from year old piss cutters to old mature bucks.

>Use hi mountain seasonings venison
>rub and coat the entire
>back strap. Place it on
>your smoker on lowest temperature
>setting and smoke until internal
>temperature is 135*. I've never
>had any better tasting, more
>moist venison in my life.
>That includes from year old
>piss cutters to old mature
>bucks.

Only thing I do different is go to 115-118 internal temp then reverse sear them.. let rest for 5-7 minutes. mighty fine Fidel ?s there..

Cooked some Uintah Basin Elk backstrap for dinner tonight. Sprinkled on some Nebraska Star Beef signature seasoning. Bbq on high heat, seared to med-rare. Didn?t cook enough everyone wanted more. Very Yum.

This was a piece of elk backstrap I made for a party a few months ago. I forgot to take a picture of it finished because it was literally gone in a few minutes. It was wrapped completely with the bacon.
I butterfly cut a pocket into it. Applied seasoning inside and out to the backstrap rubbed with olive oil. Saut?ed chopped onions and jalape?os. Mixed them with cream cheese and stuffed it. Wrapped with bacon. Smoked it for an hour on the Treager and then finished it on the Oak BBQ pit until medium rare and bacon was done.

69100887294c02e274a65b111c71bfee2df62.jpeg

Aii yii yi FRYYYY bad!!!! the KEY is getting a double sided top and bottom heater grill a George Foreman type of grill ( the grill I have is adjustable temp as the GF grill is a bit too hot and not adjustable)....get a sheet of foil top and bottom the BS's saturated in olive oil and as a top chef told me the best thing for steak is simply salt and pepper...barely cook to a Medium rare.....done awesome...couldn't be better...the grill type is key it keeps in all the moisture DON'T OVER COOK or all bets are off take out dump all the juice on your plate and toss the foil for no clean up..

>This was a piece of elk
>backstrap I made for a
>party a few months ago.
>I forgot to take a
>picture of it finished because
>it was literally gone in
>a few minutes. It was
>wrapped completely with the bacon.
>
>I butterfly cut a pocket into
>it. Applied seasoning inside and
>out to the backstrap rubbed
>with olive oil. Saut?ed chopped
>onions and jalape?os. Mixed them
>with cream cheese and stuffed
>it. Wrapped with bacon. Smoked
>it for an hour on
>the Treager and then finished
>it on the Oak BBQ
>pit until medium rare and
>bacon was done.
>
>
69100887294c02e274a65b111c71bfee2df62.jpeg

OMG I bet that was gone before a pic was taken... ???

>throw it in a hot cast
>iron skillet sear it to
>rare to medium rare salt
>it and eat it ,,,,,,
>

Yessir!

Salt and pepper?? rare, baby. Enough said.

Cut into 1" thick steaks. Marinate anyway you like. I like lemon juice with some carne asada seasoning for 12+ hours. Smoke at 125 for 8 min flipping once. Turn up too 225 and cook another 8 min flipping once. Pull off the pit boss and cover in foil. Raise temperature to 400. Put back on for 2 min flipping once to sear. Remove and cover in foil. Let sit for 5 min to allow juices to redistribute throughout meat evenly. Enjoy!! I do this with elk, antelope, venison, beef.... so good.

I love to cut mine in small pieces and sprinkle generously with Tony Chachere's Cajun. Soak overnight in Italian Dressing. Wrap each piece in half a strip of bacon and grill to your liking.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom