best bows for 2010?

I'm a long axle to axle super smooth draw fan and the PSE Vendetta XL has proved to be the nicest shooting compounds I've ever tried. I actually bought one last week. Turns out it shoots 17fps faster than my Drenalin LD at the same poundage. My 3d arrows at 65 lbs and 27.5" drawlength are going 302 fps!!!

All that in a bow with one of smoothest cams ever and a comfortable 35" axle to axle length. I don't think it can be beat.

Cheers,
Pete

LAST EDITED ON Jan-15-11 AT 06:03PM (MST)[p]C3,

Did you shoot any other bows? I'm in the market given my son is strong enough to pull the required hunting poundage. He got a new bow for Christmas now it's the old mans turn. I've shot the hoyt cx-3 just wondering if you had and how it compared to the Vendetta.

Tworay,
I have shot about all of the new bows, and you really cannot go wrong. The Hoyt cx., and the vendetta have a different feel, but are both outstanding bows. If you want to spend a little less, the Hoyt rampage xt is also a great bow.
You have lots of good options, have him go shoot several.
Elite is good also.

I am also a PSE bow fan and like the longer axle to axle bows like C3. My bow is a 2009 PSE Bow Madness XL. I have been very tempted to upgrade to the newer 2010 or 2011 PSE models, but can't justify it since my current bow shoots so well. I am currently set up with a 30 inch draw and at 67 lbs, it moves my arrows 310 fps. Fast, accurate, very smooth draw and release. Everything I ever wanted or needed in a bow and a much reduced price range compared to some other brands.

I have stated this before, I used to think PSE bows were junk, until I actually shot one last year. I was converted.

TwoRay, I've shot a Drenalin LD, Z7, Monster, Hoyt Utratec cam.5, Vectrix, AlphaMax32 and 35, Carbon Element, Bowtech Destroyer 340, Elite Z28 and GT500 and PSE GF Dream Season, Bowmadness and now finally the Vendetta XL.

With the exception of the Drenalin and Vendetta, they all have horrible draw cycles. The Destroyer is nearly unshootable even at 60 lbs for me. The newer Hoyts and Elites all have a spike in the draw force curve right before it rolls over into the the valley 1/2" later. A Hoyt spiral cam is impossible to draw without the arrow bouncing on and/or off the rest as it comes through the peak and falls into the valley.

Everything delivers the arrow well these days, it's just a matter of draw force curve, string angle and grip shape for me.

Cheers,
Pete

Dalaa with a custom made handle and foam core limbs, Border limbs will be here any day now. I like this bow so much I have sold 3 bows already with 1 to go cause I don't see myself shooting them anymore. That will leave me with the Dalaa and the HCA Speedpro... although I would like to get an HCA X10.

c3 I shot all the same bows and had the same result. Ever shoot a PSE omen scary. I did like the vendetta also, smooth drawing nice bow to shoot. I also liked the longer bowtech destroyer but not as well. I did not shoot the carbon element or drenalin though. I also liked one of the strouthers. You may see a theme here I like the draw stops in these bows makes others seem mushy. A great list of bows, all great in there own right just not for me. Speed, forgiveness, smooth and a untouchable waranty made the Elite pure the one for me.

I have been a hoyt fan for the past 6 yrs until last year when a buddy of mine let me try out his PSE bow madness , now ive never been a single cam fan , but that was one of the smoothest shooting bows I have ever shot. I was instant pleased but not converted , so I went to a local pse dealer and they had the 2009 pse X-FORCE GX (bianary cams)and man let me tell you from the first shot I was hooked , ordered one in digital camo and once I got it and hand tuned it just right > 68 lb > 30" draw > capture rest and pse radial x weaves in 9.1 gr/in I chrono'd it at 338 fps at my first 3d shoot and was disqualified. Let me tell you even for a axel to axel of 32 1/2" and brace height of 6 5/8" it is the smoothest most forgiving bow I HAVE EVER OWNED . It will absolutly make you a better archer, I am a stone convert now sooo much so that I bought the 2010 OMEN this year and have it set up the same way as the x-force and have chrono'd it at 348 fps and it has a shorter brace height . I have taken several dear with both in the past 2 yrs and its a straight pass through every time and twice the omen has so much kinetic energy behind it that it knocked the buck off his feet.

I am not knocking the OMEN just not for me. I dont like the over the top draw cycle where when you twitch your nose it comes off draw. If I won the lottery I would probably own one too very fast. Hell my brother shoots an Omen. My son shoots a Bow madness xs. I just like shootin and sometimes killin.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom