Best Combo Deer/Antelope Hunt

E

eagle_eye

I would love to hear from anyone on what they consider the best combo deer/antelope hunt for 2010. We'll have 2 points each for deer and antelope and are willing to go with the special draw on both. Looking to do a 7-8 day hunt with overlapping seasons and close proximity between deer and antelope units. Looking at the G & F website, along with Eastmans' MRS, I have a couple of possibilities, but would love to hear from anyone with any advice. A 160 buck or a 70" lope is big to me.

I've never hunted WY for deer or antelope before, only elk NW of Dubois a few years back.

PM's welcome.

Thanks.

EE

I don't know many specifics about deer hunting in Wyoming but I do know you should be able to shoot a 70 inch loper on any unit in the whole state. I was out last week and easily saw 10+ 70 inch bucks in 1 day. Now getting an 80 inch buck, that's a whole other story. While I'm confident they live on every unit in the state, they are harder to track down, possible, but much harder.

With that being said, I would look for units that give you a better chance of shooting a nice deer and then try to pull a lope tag in the same unit. Good luck.

South of Newcastle.You can hunt both deer and antelope during the same season.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom