Best Digiscoping Device (that’s not a phoneskope)

Stubaby

Very Active Member
I just got my Swarovski spotter back from Swarovski. They replaced the rubber on my eyepiece, ect. I’ve been running the PhoneSkope(see pic). It just seems that taking this on and off the spotter is really hard on the eyepiece rubber over time and it starts to tear because of the plastic shroud as it goes on and off.

I also hate taking my daily phone cover on and off to put my phone in the phoneskope housing. I’ve tried just using the phoneskope as a daily but it’s just too big and bulky.

What are the best alternative options and why? Thanks.
IMG_0426.jpeg
IMG_0427.jpeg

I just ordered a magview, supposed to get it Thursday. All the YouTube videos i watched it seemed that one was pretty simple to use.

I have owned Magview and Ollin. Ollin hands-down is the best. However, Ollin's case sticks out slightly.

I am left eye dominant and Magview did not work for me on my Swaro. The weight of the phone turned the eye cup. Plus, it was a pain to line up quickly.

Maybe look at On-Glass Adapter. They have a new setup that can be used with your phone case. I have no experience with them as I don't plan on moving on from Ollin.

Last edited:
Got my Ollin last month, used for the first time this past week on my scout trip in the San Juan's for my early season rifle bull hunt. worked great no complaints, easy to use. I kept the magnetic eye piece on Swarovski spotting scope no issues.

So are you guys running the Olin system just leaving the ring and the cover on your spotter 24/7?
yes, very easy to use with it on, and the magnetic cover is even better than the factory cover. IMO
My son has the magview and the only thing better is the case is smaller, but I really like the Ollin set up, very fast and efficient.

I use the Scopecam Adapter. It fits the eyepiece on the spotter well. It is a little bulky in the pocket, but it doesnt bother me.
I would like to try out the Ollin as the magnet looks nice.

I’ve done phoneskope, scope cam adapter, and now ollin.

So far I like Ollin the best. I do need an aftermarket camera app to get the full benefit of zoom function on my phone, but that’s not the end of the world.

I wanted to like scope cam adapter more than I did. It just was a bit less user friendly than the others. But still a very good option.

I really was hoping to like the MagView more than the Ollin but it didn't happen. The Ollin is super fast, simple, and more user-friendly. I have been using it since Archery season began and it has been pretty much flawless. Prior to Ollin, I had been sporting the Phone-Cam adapters. I really liked the thread on adjustable adapter but man it was a pain in the but during those "in-the-moment rushed opportunities." The Ollin is click, record, done.

I was leaning to the Ollin but I've got an older Swarovski SS the Ollin didn't have a large enough mount to work on it. Bought a Magview and it worked great .

Nice pic, those bucks always look bigger from the rear view. I need to learn how to post pictures as I have before and after pics of my buck. Recently harvested a nice buck in Wyoming. Spotted him just as he was topping over the ridge, guessed him as a 180+class buck. Made the stalk and then the shot....ground shrinkage . He is a pretty buck but not a 180. Betting most of you guys would have gone after him just like I did , rear views can be deceiving. I've no regrets though as he is my biggest archery buck so far. Super happy and blessed.

I have been using Magview for two years now. Very happy to have ditched the stupid plastic case. Easy to line up once you get used to it. Only negative is if you have a newer vehicle with wireless charging the metal plate on your phone case blocks it.

I have been using Magview for two years now. Very happy to have ditched the stupid plastic case. Easy to line up once you get used to it. Only negative is if you have a newer vehicle with wireless charging the metal plate on your phone case blocks it.
I bought a cheaper case to mount the magnet on. I switch them out as necessary.

Just bought the mag view, so far so good, took a minute to get used to lining it up, but now it’s great. No experience with Ollin but also looks like a great option.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom