Best elk processor on the Western slope

Freedivr2

I was wondering if any of you could give me your opinion for a good processor on the Western slope for a cow elk. I'm hunting the Book cliffs in Utah private ranch at the end of Sept., and live in Castle rock. Have to return to the west slope for first rifle Bull (GMU 61) in October, so I'm thinking drop off the cow in Sept., pick it up on the way back from the Bull hunt in October. Anyway, that's why I need to learn which Western slope processor you would use. Thanks in advance, Myke

The cleanest, most reasonably priced and do a great job is : H & H just a couple of miles West of Meeker. Johnny Halandras runs a tight ship and his brother runs the place. There are several others but none are as clean. I have had 7-8 elk and a few deer done there. In Denver Steve.s in Arvada offers the most variety but are pretty pricey.

>The cleanest, most reasonably priced and
>do a great job is
>: H & H just
>a couple of miles West
>of Meeker. Johnny Halandras runs
>a tight ship and his
>brother runs the place.
>

H&H does incredible meat. Get there bacon burger. Oh man, it's crazy good. The Halandras are too notch folks!!

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

I would agree. Halandras does top notch work and H&H has done a fair amount of processing for me. But meeker is a considerably out of the way for you with going back and forth from 61. I would recommend Kinikin out of Montrose.

Coloradoboy

I'll second the kinikin suggestion. Top notch staff and facilities. My experience is second hand but, the guys I hunt Colorado with take their game to kinikin every time. We hunt 54,65,66 & 67 and it's quite a drive from lake City.

Jim

You didn't say what part of the Bookcliffs, or where you'd come out at.

Orchard Mesa Market in Grand Junction.

They probably are'nt gonna want to hang on to your meat that long, for free.

Therefore...somebody in your area may be a better idea.
John 14:6

FYI- Steve's Meats in Arvada is a quality game processor yet they for the past several year or so have adopted a newer policy of not taking in any boned out big game beyond September. I even talked to them and indicated this policy was not hunter friendly at all since the majority of hunters come after archery, and many hunters including me bone out everything in the field, yet each business can set their own rules.

Thanks for the tips fellas. I checked out these and a few more and it looks like the best bet at least for me will be D&M meats in Fruita. Appreciate you guys taking time to respond, thank you.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom