BEST GOAT UNIT!!!!!!!!!

B

BEARHAIR

IF YOU COULD GET A GOAT TAG IN ANY UNIT YOU WANTED FOR MONTANA WHERE AND WHY .I JUST GOT LUCKY ON THE LOTTO GOAT TAG.THANKS MONTANA.

Congrats! It really depends on what kind of hunt you want. There's both units with easy access and lots of goats, and units that are all backcountry with few goats.

All depends I guess, congrats to you, you should buy a lottery ticket too. I forget the unit number, but it is the southern part of the Boulder River south of Big Timber. Very rugged country with only one road for access, after the first 3-4 miles of that road it becomes basically a 4 wheeler trail. This unit has a ton of goats, don't think it puts out many monsters though. It is a very, very physical area and remote. You won't see many people, and there are griz in there. I have back packed in there a few times, there is one lake in particular that is a huge pain in the ass to hike to, but the last 2 times I was there I was catching 18-20" cutts and there were goats all over around the lake. This unit is best hunted the first 3-4wks of the season, after that the weather tends to suck for the most part, hiking through knee deep snow at 9500ft sucks. Thats just my 2 cents. The crazies also have a ton of goats. I believe the Bridger Mtns north of Bozeman put out some of the biggest goats in the state, good numbers there too. There is easier access to the public on the north end of the range, the south end almost nonexistant. Camped by Fairy Lake and saw goats a few times. Good luck.

THANKS FOR THE INFO GUYS.FOR NOW ITS GET MY ASS INTO SHAPE AND WAIT FOR NOV.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom