Best Map for Unit 16A

Kelco

Who makes the best map for 16A. I have an archery elk tag in the unit this year, second hunt. I already have the Gila forest service map. Thanks.

Best Map?? Kind of a strange question.

Your forest map will show roads, tanks, springs and forest boundaries. BLM map will show BLM roads and topo lines amongst other things. Kind of depends on what you like to look at. You can get detailed unit/topo maps from vendors online but they're pricey. Or...make them from ARCGIS or similar software. Hunted 16A for years...get you a GPS, the forest map and blm map and go hunt. you don't need anything else. Open up one of the maps, throw a dart at it and go there. Bulls will be screaming everywhere.

+1 BUGLEnmIN

That is where I work and where I can get all of my maps. If you are looking for a particular section of a unit we can also blow just that portion up for you. We also have features that show where private land is and where it is not. Also make GPS chips if your GPS takes them that have all of the unit info already loaded.

6201 Jefferson St. NE.
Come on by

>+1 BUGLEnmIN
>
>That is where I work and
>where I can get all
>of my maps. If you
>are looking for a particular
>section of a unit we
>can also blow just that
>portion up for you. We
>also have features that show
>where private land is and
>where it is not. Also
>make GPS chips if your
>GPS takes them that have
>all of the unit info
>already loaded.
>
>6201 Jefferson St. NE.
>Come on by

+2....it's were I go for quality maps when I can. Only place I've seen in NM for real maps and survey /science stuff. Not the cheapest,but quality doesn't come that way often.And they have it.....there or can get it. IMHO

Try mytopo.com

you can get a custom map of any place! waterproof/tear proof as well. We use to go to holmans for years, but mytopo is my go to place for the last 7 years or so.

You can get many different options, topo, google earth shots, units, land identification boundaries, etc.

Already ordered one for my sheep hunt and had it at the house in 3 days.

Better options than Holmans imo. Way to expensive!!!! I order 7.5 minute maps at half there price on line. If you don't care about $ then they are great in providing a custom map

>Best Map?? Kind of a strange
>question.
>
>Your forest map will show roads,
>tanks, springs and forest boundaries.
>BLM map will show BLM
>roads and topo lines amongst
>other things. Kind of depends
>on what you like to
>look at. You can get
>detailed unit/topo maps from vendors
>online but they're pricey. Or...make
>them from ARCGIS or similar
>software. Hunted 16A for years...get
>you a GPS, the forest
>map and blm map and
>go hunt. you don't need
>anything else. Open up one
>of the maps, throw a
>dart at it and go
>there. Bulls will be screaming
>everywhere.

And there will be 350" bulls around every corner. Yeah right. I disagree with most of this post. IMO not all maps are created equal. As others have mentioned, go to Holmans and have a few of their maps printed on the water proof material. It's not cheap but well worth the money. You have a tag of a lifetime. Now's not the time to save $20 on chitty maps. I have the first hunt in there. I'll probably make at minimum, 5 trips down there starting mid June. Good luck.

I order direct from USGS most of the time,like last week. I ordered 4 topos I will use to scout and find the place I'm looking for.Then I get the custom one done if I find what I am looking for.
Otherwise it is added to my library of topos.I have them back to some of the 1st topos done for USFS.File cabinet 3/4 full....

Yep, I have stacks of 7.5 min maps, now my challenge is keeping them organized. Use to be $3 ea now $15 ea at Holmans. I now order them from www.mapsort.com at $7 ea. personally don't think you can beat the full sizes maps. I will draw in where roads are on the map then Feild check each of them as many things change over the years out there

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom