Best Portable Bench

440sixpack

Anyone have a take down shooting bench they like? I want to try longer distances than I have at my range, so it needs to be sturdy and able to set up on less than perfect surfaces .

Everything I've seen so far is Ronco type crap you can wiggle around easy.

Stay thirsty my friends

Check with the automotive dept at any Oklahoma based Cabelas. Look For Hydraulic outriggers, they have them to fit models and make of some current and most vintage pickups. These really are great. Just park and activate outriggers. They extend out and down to stabilize, raise your pickup off it wobbly tires. Makes shooting off your hood or better yet, making a shooting bench on your tailgate, a dream!

:)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Doa Tactical made in st. George . The best bench made. You can order different sizes. Big enough for a 50 cal with tripod. Www. Doatactical.com
1719image.jpg

Dude I have been using the tailgate of my F-250 for years. Just park it at a 15% angle to your target and take a sturdy folding chair with you and what you use for bench resting the rifle.
I have no problem shooting 3/8-1/2 inch groups at 100 yards with this set up, but I will admit my F-250 is set up with heavy aftermarket suspension for towing a trailer and does not "wiggle" around like most factory suspension trucks may.

RELH

The problem with the tailgate thing around here is places you can shoot 500+ yards without crossing a canyon aren't that many and it's almost impossible to find a level spot to park.

I'll check some of these out, I could make something myself but I guess I'm just getting lazy.

Stay thirsty my friends

I have a bench similar to the DOA one noted above and personally did not like it, nothing against their bench. I found that having the seat mounted to the bench itself transferred any body movement at all into the scope. There are some really good portable benches out there, it's just going to depend on how much weight you want to pack around and how much coin you want to spend. I ended up building my own and like it a lot more than a bench with the seat attached. You can google it and find a plethora of options online, or even instructions on how to build your own. Just my $.02.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom