Best Printer???

Y

Younghunter

Hey all,
I was wondering what kind of a printer you would recommend to print digital pictures? I have a Canon right now and it does a pretty good job but I was wondering what else is out there as far as quality goes. Any recommendations would be help!

Thanks

EL

Ernesto,

First off, hello. I just got my latest issue of Comsumers Reports and I too need a new printer.

CR rated Canon PhotoPrinter i860 as the best and here is their reason. The Canon for fast, first-rate photos and text. Its low cost per page makes it a good value if you print lots of text. It doesn't support memory cards, but it accepts images from compatible cameras via a cable. Sug. Price $150.00
I have a mailer sale price here at CompUSA and it is $119.97 after rebate.
Their next best choice is: HP DeskJet 3820 Its cost $80.00 and here is their quote. The HP produced excellent photos, text, and graphics. But it was very slow with photos and has high text costs and a skimpy 90-day warranty.

I am buying the Canon i860 tomorrow afternoon.

Hope this helps, Brian

hey, great job with the research kilowatt..Its funny, I went to print a paper today and found out my printer took a dump...then i jump on MM and see this post..Thanks again

Later, Brandon

I am using a (HP psc 2200 all in one). It takes four of the major cards and does not even require a computer! It scans and faxes. Comes with software for editing, e-mailing ect...

HP 7960 Photosmart....best printer out there for quality and performance.....can't tell the difference between a real picture and the digital....also has an LCD screen on the front and you don't even have to plug it into a computer to print pictures....it has the digital media card slots for every card out there in the front.....amazing machine...I own one and wouldn't use anything else.....

I got the HP officejet 7130 all in one. Does alright for what I use it for.

Happy trails
Ridge Runner
"Now Pilgrim,you sure you can skin griz"

I'm a cannon fan for their print cartridge are refillable but I own a couple HP's . I have an older hp I think it's an 895 or close to that, It does great photos and the print cartridge lasts a good long time. If you can find a used one in the 895 series scraf it up< I think they made a couple diffrent ones like a 895csi and a 895 cs I have the cs and my dad has two of the csi's I could be off on the modle numbers by a tad but it's the only ones close to that. I can't see a difference between my dads and mine other than the modle numbers. I bought a hp 2021 or 2011 about a year ago. It does the 19x13 paper. Works out great for the photos as well as makes nice print out's of my topo maps. It was right about this time that HP started their little trick of having their cartridges "time out" It's a neat trick they just shut down one color so it appears just like the way their older cartridges would shut down when they ran out of one color. I've cut them opened to find they still have plenty of all three colors, HP just set them up to time out after so many prints. In the last year HP also has their printers storing your cartridge ID numbers. I think it's three or five numbers they store until the buffer runs out and bumps one number to store another. This prevents you from refilling you last few used cartridges. A really crappy thing they have done here.The hacker and cracker groups have a few different ways they list in their groups to defeat this. I have found just trading empties with my friends takes care of it. I refill their old ones and use them and they reuse mine old ones. The new modle hp(past 6 months) that does the 13x19's has a smaller cartride as well,(like thats what I need when I am banging out 11x17's and 13x19's) So HP wants to get rich on their 50 dollar cartridges, Crap they should just give us the printers so we'll buy their ink. I do like the print quality of hp but it's going to be hard for me to ever buy another one due to their rip-off tactics. If you have yet to make your purchase I'd steer clear of the photo type printers. I don't need the thumb nail sized screen It's all but useless unless you don't own a computer. that and all the card readers added to them just ups the chance of a break down. They all do 1200 dpi. Some try and say they do more but it's BS. Read the box closely and you will see the 8500dpi claims are just from a flash card to the printer, not from your computer. This bypasses my chance to enhance a photo and I take alot of crappy pictures that need a touch up before I pay for the ink and paper to print them out. All that stuff is just come on's to make ya think your getting sumtin special:) That goes for the combo printer/fax/copy/ect. printers as well. I never seen one of them that does much of a job either. Sorry for not having all my modle numbers perfect but I am sitting in Alaska right now at work and both of those printers are in my RV in the Everglades as wee speak. Have a good one .

~Jeff~

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom