Best Rain Gear..Alaska & Canada..

banker

What do you think is best type and make of rain gear for Alaska and Canada hunting? GoreTex, Helly Hansen, FroggToggs, Rubber Rain Suits..etc. I've seen where GoreTex leaks after extended use in rains such as in Alaska..

I use the Cabela's dry plus gear and did not have any leak problems in Alaska a couple years back. I have used the gear in very wet conditions and stayed dry....... Allen Taylor......

let me warn you about the cabelas dry gear...the "dry" part of it wears off after a few years of heavy use so be prepared to replace it everyother year if staying dry is your absolute goal.

that said, i've had mine for almost 10 years and still use it on every trip.

I've used Cabelas MT050 for several years and have had excellent results. I've never been to Alaska, but I do elk hunt in NM and have been pelted by monsoon rains on several occasions. NO LEAKS!

>let me warn you about the
>cabelas dry gear...the "dry" part
>of it wears off after
>a few years of heavy
>use so be prepared to
>replace it everyother year if
>staying dry is your absolute
>goal.
>
>that said, i've had mine for
>almost 10 years and still
>use it on every trip.
>

I am not sure I understand. If the dry part wears off after several years, is yours keeping you dry after 10? Do you know of others that have used it "heavily" and had it leak? I have the Cabelas Dryplus packable raingear and this will be my 3rd year to use them. So far keeping me dry.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom