Best String for Bows

bigbrink

I'm about to put a new string on my Hoyt. I've had the same string on for a while now and was curious the best brand of string to replace it with. I have a zebra string on there now. Is Zebra still one of the top strings on market today?

I agree with both above on Winners Choice being a great string and that's exactly what's on my Alphamax right now but America's Best Bowstrings are my favorite to put on a Hoyt...to me they seem quieter and I usually get more life out of them...

~Z~

+4. winners choice all the way. compared to your zebra, with a winners choice you'll loose just a touch of speed (VERY minimal) because there are more strands, but that is one of many things that make it superior. It will last a long time and be perform consistently. GREAT STRING!

Winner's choice or my personal favorite Rocky Mountain Bow Strings. They are out of meeker colorado and do just as good of job or better than Winner's Choice in my opinion and i use their strings on all my bows. Give them a call at 970-878-4300. They are reasonable guys and will get you a fair price and can do about any color combo imaginable.

Winners choice or americas best. same material same specs.

Bucks and bulls may break my bones, but words will never hurt me!

I have used Bucknasty strings on my last two bows with no complaints. Same materials as WC strings, but a little more forgiving on the pocketbook.

Winners Choice are great strings, I have had 4 in the past on different bows. I currently have a Bucknasty on my Drenalin, every bit as good as WC for about $50 less.

I guess I will play devils advocate here, my last two sets of Winners Choice strings have been very disappointing. The servings seperated badly in multiple spots.

I have been blown away by the most recent Fuse (Hoyt) string that came on my 737. It has not stretched a bit and the peep does not turn at all.

For custom strings, there are a lot of options. I have heard good things about Vapor Trail and have had great experience from Johns Custom Strings out of Virginia.

If you want to try a great string for less than half the price of winners choice and made out of the same material look up Mikes Custom Bow Strings, I know the guy personally and if you have any problems with any of his strings he replaces them for free!! You cant get any better than that!! Look him up at www.mikes-archery.com he will hook you up!

CONTACT JOE AT PROLINE STRINGS. I HAVE EM ON THREE BOWS AND THEY ARE FLAWLESS. FAIR PRICED AND REAL NICE GUY.

Second for the Proline strings. Decided to try them this year after shooting Winners Choice the last 4 years. Joe makes really nice strings.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom