best unit and outfitter for 10NR elk pts?

adubs

So, as I'm planning my OTC archery Idaho hunt I've come to realize its time for me to go chase some big bulls. I have between 6 and 10 pts in every state out west for nearly every species that allows you to build pts for. I have 10 NR elk pts for Colorado and I'm going to burn them next year. Honestly tired of waiting for a lottery tag in the other states and I need to scratch the big bull itch. I've drawn a few NM and MT tags but nothing that makes your heart pound when you see "successful". I am open to ML or rifle but obviously have better draw odds with archery and it's what I prefer anyways. I've only been on one guided hunt and that was a LO tag my brothers and I purchased for my dad in Utah in 2010 so he could hunt and harvest a big bull, which he did. I'm leaning towards an archery hunt in unit 40 with Lawson or Biggerstaff but would love to hear about any other units or outfitters that I could hunt with on 10 NR pts.

thanks,

adubs

This guy usually get high marks and regular recommendations, other than that I don't know anything about him. If I was looking for a Colorado outfitter I would call and talk to him.

COMANCHE WILDERNESS OUTFITTERS,Scott Limmer, PO Box 236, Livermore, CO 80536.
970-223-5330 email: [email protected]

I think you may have already made the best choice. You can't draw 2,10,201,61 or 76.

I was in the same boat with 11 points this year and I am booked with Mike Lawson for third rifle elk in unit 40.

Biggerstaff never returned my phone calls or answered my E-mails so I wasn't able to consider them. Although they do have photos of big bulls on their web site.

If you plan on going next year you should book now. They may only take a limited number of hunters. Third rifle isn't as high a demand as the earlier seasons so there were openings. I booked the first of January and he still had an opening but they issue a lot more archery tags than they do rifle tags.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom