Best unit to burn 15 points?

Pilgrim

Looking to possibly burn our points this year in Colorado. Looking for a unit with some open country as we like the spot and stalk method. Retired, so any season works. NOT in "sheep shape", lol. Any recommendations with 15 points? Non-resident.

Last edited:
There’s a couple units west of Denver that hold great, big giant deer. Also a few more units south of steamboat springs

Welcome to MM. Hope you can stick around because you will def learn some things. But let’s talk about your request. People who can help you have probably been applying for units in the range you can draw. If they give you info on a public forum, others will read and more people will put in for the units recommended. Do you really want to lower your odds and theirs too? Better to do some research using the search feature and ask some private questions.

Welcome to MM. Hope you can stick around because you will def learn some things. But let’s talk about your request. People who can help you have probably been applying for units in the range you can draw. If they give you info on a public forum, others will read and more people will put in for the units recommended. Do you really want to lower your odds and theirs too? Better to do some research using the search feature and ask some private questions.
Thanks for the tip!

Probably apply for the same unit you did last year as I am sure there is a reason you applied for it last year..... Right?

I cashed in on unit 40 3rd season last year. I saw one 190” deer on private in the week. Not one other deer that would break 170”. Ate tag soup, but I enjoyed the hunt. Second season may have been better than 3rd as it had weather.

If I were you, I would consider units for both second and 3rd season. Good luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom