Bh209

Cahunter805

Long Time Member
Just wondering if anyone had had a bad experience with this powder? Im really considering switching to it in my T/C Omega for this year. I will be shooting 250gr barnes TMZ mainly. Any suggestions or comments? Thanks in advance.

Andy

Works great in my Omega. I have shot as many as 30 times in a row without a single swabbing. I only shoot conicals, so can't help you with sabots.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I run it in my triumph and get excellent groups. I shoot the 145 barnes spitfires. The tmz's didn't get as good groups for me as the spitfires. I highly recommend the bh209...well worth the money spent. Like txhunter I also have gone 30+ shots without swabbing. Good luck, you will love it.

I do like BH209! In fact it is the only powder that has been through my Omega. I have had outstanding success with 120 gr BH209 and 300 gr SST/SW and the 290 gr Barnes. Each of these are printing sub 1.5 MOA at 300 yards for me.

Bambi What primers are you using? Have you ever tried as light as 245? Im hunting in CA and our blacktails arent very big. A 300gr may be overkill!!!

I am using Winchester 209A primers. I have shot the SST 250 gr and had decent groupings but not quite as good as the 300 gr bullets. With 120 gr BH209, Win 209A, and a 250 gr SST, my Omega will hold 2 MOA at 200 yards. This will be my setup if I draw an Ibex tag with ML this year. For muleys I only swapped the Bonded 300 gr for a standard 300 gr bullet.

Wow - Super results. I (we) still have stayed with the Shockwaves w/superglide sabots. I shoot only 85 gr of 209 and have 3/4" groups @ 100 yds. Omega.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom