Biden Did Good....

Wiszard

Long Time Member
Plans to keep our nuclear power plant open for a bit longer....only costing taxpayers 1.1 Billion!! I am glad it is staying open but how the heck they come up with these numbers?

I'm paraphrasing but " the money will be used to pay back a loan to the state of California" ??? Buddy deal for Newscum since we have a huge budget deficit this year lol. Just a 3 card monty shell game with OUR money.

I'm paraphrasing but " the money will be used to pay back a loan to the state of California" ??? Buddy deal for Newscum since we have a huge budget deficit this year lol. Just a 3 card monty shell game with OUR money.
Ryan- But, remember about 6 months ago we had a 97 billion dollar in excess due to high property taxes? Now we have a huge deficit? Which is it??? LOL. And is anyone asking why? Gotta love Cali politics.

1.1 billion to get us past 2025....3 years. I guess billions don't go as far as you'd think.

Large scale nuclear power plants make a profit of 1-1.5 million $$$ per day. The math usually favors the company. Shut it down, and listen to the squeals when utility rates double!!!

Large scale nuclear power plants make a profit of 1-1.5 million $$$ per day. The math usually favors the company. Shut it down, and listen to the squeals when utility rates double!!!
I am 100% pro nuclear. The waste is minimal to say the least....the question is what to do with it.

Send it to Nevada we already had a plan for it. I’m 5-6 generations deep in Nevada send it here it’s totally safe.
That would be far too easy for California. We have to make things difficult to get things done. What do you guys do with it?

This isn’t 100% correct. There are other “nuclear waste disposal sites” around the west. I can name a half dozen easily. But the really bad stuff from around these parts goes to the WIPP site in NM.

I assume there is something similar in the neighborhood of Hanford in the PNW.

Our nuclear power plant was shut down about 20 years ago and we're still waiting for UPS to pick it up and take it somewhere.

Our nuclear power plant was shut down about 20 years ago and we're still waiting for UPS to pick it up and take it somewhere.
This is my problem with nukular. I’ve been on enough RAD sites over the years to have formed a strong opinion that nukular waste is a potentially disastrous can that we just keep kicking down the road.

I live within relatively close proximity to one of the few remaining nukular processing sites in White Mesa Utah.

Or brown-outs.

Ryan- But, remember about 6 months ago we had a 97 billion dollar in excess due to high property taxes? Now we have a huge deficit? Which is it??? LOL. And is anyone asking why? Gotta love Cali politics.

1.1 billion to get us past 2025....3 years. I guess billions don't go as far as you'd think.

Democrat run states excel at wasting money. When MLG took office in NM in 2018, she walked into a $2 billion surplus. It was wasted in 2 years.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom