Big Buck Contest?

W

Wingshooter

In another forum someone brought up the subject of Big Buck Contests. I was just wondering what you all thought about them and why. This could get ugly, so be nice!!!

I'll start ."I hate them." Hunting should not be a contest. The only contest is between you and the deer. How many Big Bucks get poached to try and win one of those contests? How many of those Big Bucks are actually hunted ethically? Competition promotes jealousy, which in turn promotes cheating. Win at any cost! I wish there was such a thing as KARMA, because if there was, I know a few people that would never harvest another game animal........Christian

I see where you have been, lol topic has really started an uproar over there hasn't it? personally I don't have a problem with big buck contests as long as the bucks that are entered were harvested legally and ethically. I have a big time problem with guys that basically buy their trophies, and go out and sit in a heated stand situated over a food plot, that drives me nuts, that is not hunting it is killing. How in the world could anybody be proud of a buck they harvested in that manner? I got off the subject a bit, but I just had to get that out.

I would have to say that I don't have a problem with a big buck contest as long as you keep in mind the animals you are harvesting and not just the prize. I also think the animals that are entered shouled by harvested leagally and ethically as well as in fair chase conditions. That's just my $.02 worth. Jordan

i think that some big buck contest are alright. the prize of some is way to much though, i think 200 dollars should about be the limit.

Nope!! It just pisses me off to see people dissrespect these awesome animals like that!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom