Big Old Mexico Coues

T

tetontucker

Just got back from Old Mexico from my first Coues deer hunt.I took a good buck that scored 106 gross,my brother took a 112,and the two other hunters in camp took a 104,and a 100.I saw two huge deer but just could'nt make it happen.
The reason I'm writing is the outfitter is a friend of mine,but he is'nt a great marketer and is'nt getting the hunters he needs to afford this lease.If any of you Coues deer nuts are interested in a great hunt for awards book and b&c caliber bucks please contact me. I'm not looking to make any money off this, I'm just trying to help out a friend and turn some hunters on to one of Mexicos best kept Coues secrets.

Thanks and happy hunting!

I would love to go. Please send me the info at rousehouse2613@people pc.com so that I can start sweet-talking the wife. Thanks, Scott/couesbitten

Hey Guys,
I should have done this when I posted this,you can email me at [email protected],or better yet phone me at 406-962-9075.I'd me happy to answer any questions you have.
Also you can shoot more than one Coues on this hunt and Javalina are free!
Lets do it!!!!

Hey Scott,
I tried emailing you but I cant send you email from yahoo on this computer.

Anyways, Let talk coues!
This hunt is for one of the first two weeks in January 2006. It takes place on two private ranches and a mining property in the Blue mountains. The outfitter is a good friend of mine. He's not a good marketer and he needs to get more hunters or risk losing these leases.Thats where I come in! I'm trying to book four to five hunters for each of the first two weeks in Jan. I've already got five guys booked.
The cost of the hunt is $3,500 and a trophy fee of $1,00 if an additional coues buck is taken. If I book 4-5 guys for the week I can probably get a price break of $500 for each hunter, any Javalina taken are free.
Hunters are picked up at the Hermosillo airport by the outfitter and he walks you thru the customs-gunpermit process. Then its a three hour ride to the ranch, where you will meet 4-5 mexican guides.If you speak spanish or can learn some its a advantage as these guys dont know any english.You can expect to see between 6-20 bucks a day and 5-10 in the week that hit that 100-104 range. I saw two buck in six days that would have been 115-120 range(already had my buck and was hunting Javalina with a bow)
The ranch accomidations are the best you'll see in the coues deer industry.A very nice mexican brick house is where you will stay and the camp cook does everything for you while your at the house.He make a killer Margarita!!
Its just a kick ass hunt with quality animals.If you listen to your guide you should have no trouble taking a buck over 100 b&c pts.

Any thing else? Give me a call at 406-962-9075
Thanks for the intrest,
Gary

Can you bowhunt these Coues? I mean is there water holes and setups for bowhunting? I would be totally interested.

Is this hunting with el rodeo hunting? do they allow you to bring your own guides?CM

Sorry,but this is a rifle hunting outfit. The ranch has hidden artesian srings that pop up where ever so a blind at a water source would be futile. You could spot and stalk, but I'm afraid because of the terrain and the dry conditions you would'nt have much luck.
TETONTUCKER

No, this is not a hunt with El Rodeo hunting, and as far asI know they would not allow you to bring your own guide. Why would you want to? These guys live on this ranch and know these deer like you know your neighbors! How would you ever know if you were on the property you were suppose to be on or an ajoining ranch property!
TETONTUCKER

Ok no guides how about hunting partners without tags we have hunted for years in mexico. get put in the right areas or scout the area pre season and go get um' spanish also helps out when talking to the cowboys/guides. what ranch owner do you hunt with?

LAST EDITED ON Feb-14-05 AT 02:11PM (MST)[p]I dont know quite what your getting at! I quess if your asking if you and a buddy can get turned loose on the ranch to hunt on your own the answer is No. Your welcome to bring a friend who can hunt along with you, he will have to pay something to be there for the week, but you will be accompanied by a guide while your on the ranch.

Big Old Mexico Coues Pics

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-05 AT 03:26PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-05 AT 03:23?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-05 AT 03:21?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-05 AT 03:16?PM (MST)

Ok, I finally got some help loading these pics on the computer.
This is my Coues buck that I took in Sonora this past January.It ended up scoring 106 B&C, also some Javalina I took on the same trip. Still looking for some guys to make up a group to hunt this ranch in early January 2006. I have one group already booked. The group I hunted with this year took five bucks all scoring over 100, with the biggest scoring 112.

4217ba420a040c8f.jpg

4217bccd0dfad98b.jpg

RE: Big Old Mexico Coues Pics

Thanks couesmaniac, I am very happy to have taken such a nice deer on my first try. I saw a couple better bucks,but this is just what I was hoping for and he will make a nice mount. Interested in going with one of the groups I'm putting together for next Jan.?

Beautiful coues! Congratulations!

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

Teton: I know you are trying to help your buddy who has no marketing skills but there are outfitters that pay to advertise on here so maybe your buddy could work with Brian the founder here and get some advertising here because this post has been pounded to death and the other paying advertisers are not getting a fair deal........ Thanks, Allen Taylor......

Bura nut is probably right I will send this on to my buddies is there web site they can view? or should I just pass on the info you have given me CM

I thought this was an open forum for anyone who wished to sign up? I'm not trying to take anything away from any advertising outfitters. I just thought I would turn on some fellow Coues hunters to a great hunt and let word of mouth do the rest.
Sorry if I stepped on anyones toes,that was not my intention!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Mexico Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy Sonoran mule deer and coues deer on over 400,000 acres of private ground.

DIY Coues Deer Hunts

Hunt 20k acre private ranch in Sonora for coues bucks ranging in the 100" class. Email Michael at [email protected].

Sonora Outfitters

We hunt on some of the best ranches in Sonora - known for holding trophy Desert Bighorn Sheep and trophy Mule Deer.

MADD Hunts

DIY coues buck hunts on 30 sq. miles of archery only, private lands. Nice accomodations, along with information and photos.

Back
Top Bottom