Big Utah Desert Scull found in 07'

Broomer

I was on a sheep hunt in Southern Utah last November and found this awesome Ram scull just lying in the sand. There wasn't any remains left to give me any more info on how long it had been dead. I packed it out and took it to the DWR in Price hoping I would be able to hold on to it but of course they said no. The Bio said he had probably died a year or two ago. I hunted my Desert in the same Unit in 04' and there was rummer of a toad running around that year. The following year a guy I know spent days looking for that same Ram to no avail. He ended up with a great Ram but not the big one. I have a real hunch this is that same Ram probably having died some time between 04' - 05'. The Utah score on this Ram is 166 and was aged at 9 or 10 years old. To bad someone didn't harvest him during there hunt.

478ef1cf7c1c7bda.jpg

478ef2057cbdc669.jpg

478ef23f7d95785c.jpg

Nice ram. Too bad you didn't find it this year. They changed the rules so people may be able to keep skulls they find, if they contact the DWR before packing them out.

Too bad you can't keep it.I live in Az and have found several over the years forunatly we're able to keep them. Well nice find though.

We can keep them in NV too, and sometimes it's worth it to hunt them like sheds in the areas with large sheep populations. I have found a few over the years, and I been witness to a few more being picked up. Gotta love NV!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom