BIGGEST SET AND OR DEAD HEAD!

M

muleymaster

LETS SEE YOUR BIGGEST MATCH SET AND OR YOUR BIGGEST DEAD HEAD!!!

HERE ARE MINE

FOUND THEM 20 FEET APART

7441l_34aca7113cff4630a4432597c3b8daa0.jpg

MY DEADHEAD

5301mms_picturev.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Mar-06-10 AT 09:32PM (MST)[p]

biggest set:
535bigsheds.jpg

biggest dead head elk:
152702-01-2007.jpg

212102-01-2007_07;46;29am.jpg

biggest dead head deer: [ not very big, but kinda cool]
5330100_1471.jpg

Dang guys those are some nice sets and dead heads here are a few of mine.
First and biggest set I have found. A 205 inch set of sheds will make a shed junky out of you real quick
stumpyset026.jpg

Nice 6 point bull dead head i found while scouting for deer.
ScoutingPics047.jpg

30 inch dead head the skull ended up breaking on me so I put them on a euro skull.
Sheds016.jpg

This is the biggest deadhead I've ever found. My buddy and I filmed this buck for 3 years. Not as impressive as monsterslayers, but a nice buck.

Yelum

2616hdsc00266.jpg

787003hook.jpg

176316hookdead1.jpg

6290sized029.jpg

5816sized0654.jpg

I posted it on here about three years ago. Some of you probably remember. It is 36" wide and scores 242 gross 239 net with a 215" frame.Lion kill, AZ Strip. If you want to see me footage of me picking it up, it is on the new Muleycrazy dvd. I still get excited when I think of finding it. It is the find of a lifetime fore me fore sure.

P1090169.jpg

Here is a pic of the fish-cop holding it.

P1090226.jpg

He is 35 wide, and scored 216. Unfortuneatly, Utah law at the time prohibited us from picking him up so we had to call the DWR to come get him. They let my buddy Ryan clean him up and hang him in the ranch museum at Antelope Island.

Yes, yours is a true find of a lifetime, and you'd be hard pressed to find a better looking rack. I've been jealous since the first time I saw the pic. Did have it mounted? If so, I'd love to see a pic.

Yelum

LAST EDITED ON Mar-08-10 AT 07:35PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-08-10 AT 07:35?PM (MST)

Yelum,
He is mounted. A great guy paid the bill and now he's hanging in my house. It was in the Muleycrazy exhibit at the expo. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

Thats the problem with Ryan's booth. Just to many damn big heads, it makes my eyes go blurry and I can't focus on one. haha

The rack ipitomizes what the strip bucks are. Almost too big to grasp. For me, I know what it feels like to have that special buck to look at, mines just 35 inches smaller. :) Look forward to seeing it. I love looking at mounts almost as much as at live bucks.

Yelum

this is me and my dads first deadhead that we found on our trapping road while in the truck

80351.jpg

thanks tine, i did the color but not the mount. did some natural rubbing on sage mixed with some dirt and then used some tru green stuff mixed with dirt on the rest. took a ton of time. my taxi did a pretty dang good job with the mount. i really want to try that wam stuff to save some time. is that stuff pretty good or what? seems to work well from what i can tell.

utmonsterslayer, i would just quit sheddin if i found that. u mind as well hang em up and call it good.

...been posted here before, but here's my best set as they looked when I initially found them to being repaired and mounted by a taxi at 34" wide. As mounted, grosses approximately 204:

1122cellphonepic.jpg

6735restored1.jpg

1277mounted1.jpg

A friend of mine found this big 5 point bull while we were deer hunting in Colorado. It was only 10 yards off the trail, but invisible in the brush. He just happened to veer off the trail at the right spot and lucked into it. I was just 10 yards away, walking on the trail (unlucky for me).

27661018081850b.jpg

Here's my biggest elk set:

71490419081834.jpg

This is my biggest deer set. My brother found one side, I found the other

87390314091422.jpg

Here's the photo page for the deer set:
http://www.monstermuleys.com/photos/PhotosID23/113.html

Nocked N Loaded

Wow Utmonsterslayer the mount looks great. I have to say that was one of the most exciting parts of the movie when you walk around the tree and found that dead head. It sure made me want to go out and hit the hills more even knowing something like that will probably never come around but hey it will be fun trying.

UH, whats not to love about that dream buck starintg back at you. kind of makes you want to call in sick so you can sit there and stare back. he is just freaking huge. Thanks for showing us.

Yelum

Monster, that buck is a lifetime dream for guys like us!

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

Here's my best set if he wasn't all broke up he'd be almost 160
DSCN0432.jpg

My best dead head gosses right at 175
DSCN0433.jpg

DSCN0434.jpg

Hay Desertflinger how ya been ? Been out with Brian D. lately ? you haven't posted here for a while. lets see somemore of your big ones, Davidson said he was going to look for elk horns today.
Take care
Tinehunter

Is it just me or is it sad to see some of these monster dead heads die of natural causes and not harvested by some lucky hunter? My biggest sheds gross around 90 points ha ha, but its my first and last matched set so far.

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

Hey BCBOY,

Lets have a look at that brown shed in the middle of your pile that is palmated. That is an awesome shed. You have a trophy pile there. Nice pic.

I split this set with this little girl last year.
jz7epg.jpg

These 2 sets were solo finds, 198 209
k4juo5.jpg

Left buck my wifes' sheds 182 center buck my best winter kill at 206 (195-2/8 net)
2rpaftl.jpg

9218tator_006.jpg

these sheds are in the photo's from a few years ago, and finally got them on a skull, and mounted

DD YOU HARVEST THE BUCK OR HAVE YOU FOUND THE PERSON THAT DID? Is he still alive to your knowledge?

LAST EDITED ON Dec-16-10 AT 09:18AM (MST)[p]here's a set i found in 06, pic is in shed contest. R.Hatch just happened to have a pic of him on the hoof, and a one second shot of him in breakin 300.
i thought i posted this already, hope i didn't do it twice.this is my first rodeo on the forum. i guess i posted this wrong.http://www.monstermuleys.com/photos/PhotosID14/24.html
5392jepson_2.jpg

appreciate the complimants: it only took me about 8yrs to finally do something with it. I have a couple more big sets over 200, and i'll post some pic's in the next few weeks.
the next one I post later on took me 13 years to finally get it on the wall.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-20-10 AT 05:05PM (MST)[p]Nice buck,give us some details,score,width,etc.Congrats Hers my biggest pick up,found while picking up elk shedsmscores 240 gross 231 net non-typical 33" outside.

12990502001743.jpg

This is the photo that will appear in your post.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-29-10 AT 08:16PM (MST)[p]dam messed that up sorry. i hope they will allow us to delete a post, not sure how to do that.

986105-01-10_1743.jpg

717005-05-10_1324.jpg

picture does the dead head no justice it taped out at 170 but it is only three on one side. my buddy picked up his sheds from two years before 40 yards away.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-31-11 AT 12:49PM (MST)[p]>My best deadhead and matched set
>to date.
>
>
7708co_dead_head.jpg

>
>
6137co_deadhead_2.jpg

>
>
8128shedmar6collection_003.jpg

Not my biggest set but your set looks pretty close to this set i found a couple years ago....

4173dscf1275.jpg

Sure looks pretty close,especially the front forks.my set came from eastern colorado how about yours?

Can every thread on MM be as good as this one? This is what this site is about, love it.

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

I agree, it would be great if all posts were this good. No mouthing off, a bunch of participation and great photos. Good stuff!

Bcboy show some of the sheds in that pile what is the highest score .do you sell any??

Heres 4 dead heads I found in the books last year. All within a mile from each other.
9813skulls1.jpg

6197skulls2.jpg

And heres one someone found before me and left up in a quakie.

894593.jpg

-KILLSHOT Productions Guides & Outfitters-

Thanks for all of your posts. I have some photos I will upload tomorrow of some more deadheads and a couple nice sheds

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom