Biggest threat to hunting in Colorado

txhunter58

Long Time Member
…..Is your current Governor and his husband. I realize he is “ahead in the polls” but I have to think with everything he has been doing, a good candidate could beat him. Remember the polls that said the wolf issue wasn’t close?

If you can field a good opponent, I will contribute to their campaign. But it can’t be a trump follower. It needs to be a moderate conservative. NO WAY A FAR RIGHT CANDIDATE WINS. I just have to think there are level headed independents and even liberals that realize he is going too far, and would vote for a levelheaded (just right of center) candidate.

What really brought it home for me was seeing who he (and his husband) appointed to the veterinary board. The woman who recently had to resign. That is just the tip of the iceberg.

Last edited:
Talked to a well respected bow shop owner by my house who has heard the 1st husband say that he wanted wolves to replace hunters. They are a real threat, but haven’t heard of anyone that will give him a run for his money. Old pole smoker would be hard to beat in Co 5 years ago let alone the current crowd. You would need someone with a D next to their name to beat him.

Left can go further left....and we are already far far left....... voters need to put the Ole peace pipe down for a bit.

Colorado has completely gone to ****. I feel sorry for you conservative boys over there. All the calis, moving into Utah we will be next. I guess I’ll have to move to Moscow Idaho

Utah, Colorado, western Montana, even Idaho are all getting an influx of the Kali people who saw the pretty mountains on Insta-book and moved out…

And yet Boebert outraises all of them. Strange place for sure.

Just another example of urban centers controlling the agenda. It’s true what they say about the stupidity of large groups of people.

To tx’s point, a Romney type republican might have a chance.

And if anyone says they can name the last republican governor of Colorado without looking it up, they’re lying.

i hope I’m wrong, but I think with Denver,Boulder and basically every big city on the east slope (co springs maybe being the exception). I don’t see is getting a conservative gov. With that being said. I think a slightly right leaning dem would be the only hope. But I also doubt that too. I’m hopefully wrong.

But no Dem is going to challenge him.

Seems like I heard that crime is way up in places like Denver. That’s an angle to play as well

Remember too that 2 Dems voted against the cat hunting ban. That means they got a lot of pressure from both side is the isle

Last edited:

Seems like I heard that crime is way up in places like Denver. That’s an angle to play as well

Remember too that 2 Dems voted against the cat hunting ban. That means they got a lot of pressure from both side is the isle
The hypothesis that front range crime would bring a more conservative government was in the Forbes link I posted in the “hunting ban” thread.

Its not a very strong argument, so probably wishful thinking.

I work in and for the city of Denver… crime is horrendous. It has spilled out into the suburbs as well. It’s funny cause all the folks not from here aka from other big cities, shrug it off and go it’s not that bad but its way worse than when I grew up, especially in the burbs.

The big issue is just that no Dem will challenge him… if only we had a legitimate 3rd party…

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom