Bino Doubler For Shooting Range?

BGbasbhat

Very Active Member
Just swapped my big boy spotter for a set of 15s, which I've loved for hunting so far.

Problem is, I've been practicing my longer (for me) rifle shots, and I can't see my shots on target past a couple hundred yards with the 15s on a tripod. I don't want to hike 300 yards out, just to see that I suck at shooting, and need to stick with archery.

Has anybody used a doubler for this purpose? Again, not trying to hunt with it, or be a replacement for a long-range, long-duration spotter, just need a quick glance at groups on a target and make any adjustments.

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

I've used a doubler on my 15's in the field and find it a bit tedious to use but on the range should be fine. I've never used it at the range because a spotter is always S.O.P. for me.
Good luck!

Zeke

#livelikezac

Thanks very much Zeke. I've never seen through one before, but would imagine they'd be fine for the quick looks at the range. Just don't want to have to buy another spotter, just for that.

Thanks again for the reply.

A 2'x2' piece of white plywood, with a 6" steel circular plate hinged in the center works great for general target practice out to 400yrds.
The groups can be checked by walking up after a series of shots and the gong noise let's you know you are at least in the right general area.

I use a cheap 60 power spotter and it is pretty clear to see shots at 300 but not much help after that.

After 400yrds I use a 12" steel target out to 600.

Ahh, good thought. I'd at least have a noise if i'm in the wheelhouse, but could see visuals if I have any flyers.

Thanks very much.

I have a Vortex 2 X bino doubler I am selling it will fit a lot of other binos I have the 15 HD Vipers But I bought a spotter & don't need the doubler now

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom