Bird dog hunting videos

sniper14

I had a great year hunting with my dog. . She is only eight months old and she did pretty good. I was just wondering if there are any good hunting dog training videos out there, as there are a few bugs I am trying to work out. The big issue is I'm trying to get her to hold point better. Let me know if any of you have videos that you have used in the past and have liked. Thanks in advance.

I've heard good things about the Charlie Labarda method...

Make sure you watch the whole series. It will be well worth your time...

the season is not over! keep hunting. them chukars can be hunted till February! if that doesn't keep you in shape than im not sure anything will.

i have been doing a lot of whoa training. my pointer tends to do the same thing. he has a TON of drive, so when we are hunting he slips up a little cause he is so excited. during training sessions he does perfect. its been tough to get him to that level. but i have heard that the more birds exposed to them the better they do. its experience that is the real training.

also what kind of pointer are you running?

"Shoot Straight"

I've tried chukar hunting and haven't found one yet. They say they are doing great this year, but I can't seem to find any around where I live in payson utah. I have a 3/4 vizsla 1/4 Brittany.

Not to be a purest or snobby type but if you aren't putting the dong on wild birds then the creeping and crowding may not stop. Fact is pen raised birds allow dogs to creep and pressure in ways that wild birds won't tolerate. Wild birds make great teachers, pen raised not so much. A season of wild bird hunting usually teaches a bird dog they can't creep or crowd.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-17-15 AT 09:55AM (MST)[p]I've had pointers, britt's, short-hairs, etc., and agree that the top teacher is as much wild bird exposure as you can give them. I personally want a dog to creep and reset if necessary. "Necessary" is the key and that only comes with a lot of hunting time. I believe the dog has to make mistakes to ever learn....much like you/me.

If you're saying that your dog is busting in trying to flush the birds, that's a different story. Just go back to a lead rope and/or e-collar and give more repetition.

I thought I would share a vid I made of my brothers dogs. This was last month Nov. 2015 The liver ticked dog is about the same age as your dog 8 months. I have had some awesome dogs over the years. And it was all about time in the field. Let me know if I can help. I have never used training books much, but my boy said Gun dog is really good. This is the link to the vid. I hope.

>I thought I would share a
>vid I made of my
>brothers dogs. This was last
>month Nov. 2015 The liver
>ticked dog is about the
>same age as your dog
>8 months. I have had
>some awesome dogs over the
>years. And it was all
>about time in the field.
>Let me know if I
>can help. I have never