Blacktails and game cameras.

Gollywomper

How many of you have been able to pattern decent-good buck using cameras. I'm talking public land. I've gotten many pics of some good -great blackmails over the years but never consistent pics, at least not enough to call patterned.
What is your experiences when trying to pattern a good buck with cameras?

Blacktails, in my experience, will never follow the same patterns and trails like a whitetail. I had a ranch that was loaded with deer. Unfortunately, they were primarily nocturnal until the rut kicked in. I would put trail cameras out in locations that looked to be heavily traveled. One time after a month long soak, I pulled the cards. I had pics of bucks using one trail every night for 2 and half weeks and every night was a DIFFERENT buck. Then, the trail just dried up. Nothing changed. It wasn't hunting season and the area did not see any foot traffic. They're just not critters that follow the same patterns.

That's been my experience too. When we do get repeat bucks it is so sporadic. I think it is just the nature of the beast. Makes it fun.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom