BLM lockouts coming

m_freeman

I'll link to the thread about the Desert Renewable Energy Conservation Plan and post http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=701941 a sample letter: FYI we just lost McCain Valley a great hunting spot and the gateway to the Sawtooth Mtn Wilderness :

Please take a moment and email the Governor's senior advisor on renewable energy, Michael Picker. Mr Picker is really on our side he was a major player in creating SMUD (local PV rooftop generation district for Sacto). Unfortunately the big fossil fuel players (Carlysle, Goldman Sachs, Shell) are now manipulating the renewable energy game on our public lands, creating a "too big to fail" plan. BLM has offered up MILLIONS of acres for study, this is bad, really bad, we stand to loose a very significant portion of huntable BLM lands here in Southern CA. Access will be severely restricted.
Michael Picker
Senior Advisor to the Governor for Renewable Energy.
Office of the Governor.
State Capitol
Sacramento, CA 95814.
(916) 445-7665
[email protected]
Sample letter to Mr Picker.
To: Michael Picker
RE: Desert Renewable Energy Conservation Plan

I am a sportsman and a recreational vehicle user, my family and I hike, camp and hunt on our public lands. I am strongly opposed to allowing any more utility scale renewable energy projects and transmission lines on our public lands. The public, to whom the land belongs, not Wall St bankers, lose recreational opportunity, intact ecosystems become permanently fragmented, Indian cultural resources are destroyed. Community owned power districts as in Marin County and local distributed generation as done in Germany, Spain and Australia is a viable option for California instead of saddling the tax and rate payers with an irreversible "too big to fail" energy sprawl on our public lands. Additionally, Investing in this ill conceived plan seriously undermines the implementation of distributed generation and community owned power districts.
Respectfully,
name
address

While I applaud your effort to save the world, there are some cases where Solar development on BLM land has no serious impacts on hiking/camping/hunting/access to our lands.

A lot of the solar development going along the I-10 corridor in SoCal is in BLM lands that are not very useable land. Sending an email like the one you propose suggests recommendation for suspension of all solar development on BLM land, regardless of the location and individual characteristics of the project.

You sir sound like an extreme leftist liberal.

I don't know anything about so cal but I could only wish the blm would put up a gate blocking the road to the mountain I like to hunt.nothing worse then to have a parking lot full of Riggs on the top of the mountain when its only a hour hike up there.

They waste a huge amount of land with Solar.

They have to lock up other lands to get the green light on the projects.

I like how they twist what is green. What is green about taking all the living things off a huge swath of land?

We can and other nations use other ways to produce energy with much less distruction.

Isn't it great when people use terms like the poster calling it un-usable land?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom