BlueElk

BuckSnort

Long Time Member
I was just wondering how your doing and if you have gotten used to civilization again? Keep us updated on your book. Later

LAST EDITED ON Sep-17-02 AT 08:30AM (MST)[p]BuckSnort: Thanks much for asking, that's very kind of you. Yeah, I have sort of gotten back into the groove. Got the mules back from Ennis about 3 weeks ago, and that combined with working the ranch, has helped a lot. There is still a huge void, though, because of missing that old mule of mine that we lost on the trip. I had had him for many, many years and it still hurts to walk out to the pasture and not have him walk up to me and say "hi".

I just signed a contract last week for the book. I should have it written by spring and then it will be on the stands probably by next fall depending on how much editing they have to do. Normally they don't have to do too much editing on my books so next fall looks good. The good news about the situation is that I only have to supply them with 75 pictures. Burt and I took 513 so whichever wants I don't include in the book I can publish here on the sites that I moderate. I have one awesome picture of a sow grizzle doing a bluff charge at us. Burt was mad at me for a couple days because I was holding a camera instead of one of my .54's!!!

Bluelk,

What I want to know is when the book comes out how do we get our copies signed?

I'm really looking forward to reading your book! Great having you back!

WABS

LAST EDITED ON Sep-18-02 AT 08:47AM (MST)[p]WABS my man: A clause in the contract is that I can get a number of books for distribution to whomever I choose. When I get them I will post it on the sites and send out signed copies. Also you will be able to get them if you come to one of the seminars that I do around the country.

But remember something; even after you get the book a cup of coffee will still be the same price!

Put me on that list and that coffe will be hot and in a deer or elk camp, With a few logs on the fire and with a good chill in the air. What is the name of the book, "Return of the old days with BlueElk".Can't wait to see the pictures,How are the elk around the ranch doing after the fire. Couple of more days and I'm off to the blue mountains for a week of ML hunting.

Glad to hear that all is well.Can't wait to read the book I can just imagine the stuff you guys went through.

Gator: Put me down on the list for that hunt camp. I can't think of anything better. The publisher hasn't decided on a name for the book just yet, but they are toying with the idea of something like "modern to old", or something like that. Believe it or not, they usually don't decide on a name until right before printing.

All of the elk that moved onto the ranch during the fire are still there. They got used to the groceries (alfalfa/bermuda hay), and the extra water that the neighbors put out and have stuck around. When I was riding the other day I saw a real nice 7x7 and about 4 or 5 6x6's. What really caught my eye, though, was the biggest cow I had ever seen. She must have easily been 600 lbs.!! Might have also been a bull with no horns.

Good luck with the ML season. I took a really nice bull up in the "blues" about 20 years ago. Remind me to tell you the story about Deadman's Pass sometime.

BuckSnort: The two biggest problems we had to deal with were the weather and not getting enough fat in our food. It is absolutely amazing what happens to your body when you don't get enough fat, or grease, into your system. We had read about it in some of the mountain man journals, but it really didn't register with us until we actually experienced it.

I will and your welcome at the fire anytime. I hope to see a few big ones this year, we have a few areas scouted, hope they pay off.

Bluelk - Do you have a schedule of where and when your seminars will be? Also, put me down for a copy of the book.

WABS: I am going to be in Stuttgart, Ark. on October 4, 5, and 6; and in Nashville, TN on December 5, 6, and 7.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom