Book Cliffs, South camping

RRidgeback

Morning members,
What is the camping situation like down on this unit? Can you get a fifth wheel on any of those roads? I'm thinking closer to the Colorado border.

I am not as familiar with areas right near the Colorado border, but if it were me, I would only dare take a fifth wheel on the seep ridge road (paved most of the way) out to the divide road and then east or west from there. There are plenty of places you can camp off the divide road.

I am not as familiar with areas right near the Colorado border, but if it were me, I would only dare take a fifth wheel on the seep ridge road (paved most of the way) out to the divide road and then east or west from there. There are plenty of places you can camp off the divide road.
That's on the North end of the unit. My Rifle tag is down by Green River.

Take I-70 heading toward Grand Junction there are 3 roads into the Books. Take the middle road that road goes to the radio tower on top of the Books. Camp down in the flats there is a side road that you can get off the mail road before you hit the cliffs. You must not try and take any trailer farther up the road. You can also take a fifth wheel up the access road nearest GJ lots of places to camp off that road. That road is right near the Border of Utah and Col. its about 15 miles from GJ. Take lots of water and gas.

Take I-70 heading toward Grand Junction there are 3 roads into the Books. Take the middle road that road goes to the radio tower on top of the Books. Camp down in the flats there is a side road that you can get off the mail road before you hit the cliffs. You must not try and take any trailer farther up the road. You can also take a fifth wheel up the access road nearest GJ lots of places to camp off that road. That road is right near the Border of Utah and Col. its about 15 miles from GJ. Take lots of water and gas.
Awesome! Thank you for the advice.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom