Book Cliffs

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
I have a Cow Elk tag. I read about a storm advisory for that area with 18 to 30 " snow by tuesday. Is there anyone close that could send me some news that day if it's not happened? I have a fairly long drive, I have chains and 4x4 but wouldn't want to tackle a foot of snow.
Thanks DM

Don't know exactly what the Book Cliffs got?

I was on the South Slope Early this Morning and at 10,000 Feet there was only about 3" of Fresh Snow!

A Foot wouldn't be bad!

But 18" to 30" Might be!:D

[font color="blue"]She put a Big F.U. in My Future,Ya She's got a
way with Words[/font]

Hey DM,

I have a bison tag for the Book Cliffs, albeit the lower elevation Wild Horse Bench area. In any case, maybe you wouldn't mind telling me the conditions when you get back? I need snow to push the bison into the winter range, but don't want to make the 10 hour round trip if they haven't move in, yet. Thanks.

Weather is Moving in!

Just don't know how Bad it will be?

way with Words[/font]

> Weather is Moving in!

Im going to stay in Roosevelt tomorrow night then head in Wednesday
morning. It shouldn't be as bad as it sounded.

Ya DM!

I Haven't seen Real Extreme Weather out here in many Years!

But I Still Remember when it Use-ta-Could!:D

Sending you a PM!

way with Words[/font]

Went clear to the state line up high yesterday and it never got over 4" max. At mid elevations it was melting like crazy. Elk is right, looks stormy outside right now and could put some snow down, but doubt it will make for a ruined hunt. From what I saw, you shouldn't need to leave the tracks of a plow to kill a cow... even if it does come down hard.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom