Bookcliffs Roadless ?

J

j529er

Just wondering how the bear hunts are? Never been there and would like to know if its worth 10 or more points? Is the fall better or spring? The hunt sounds fun but i would like to kill a bear. Any input would be much appreciated.

Do you have access to animals (mules or horses)? Without these I wouldn't suggest the roadless area, unless you intend to hire someone with animals to help you. With 10 points I would suggest you don't limit yourself to strictly a spot and stalk tag. You would be able to draw nearly any bear tag in the state with that many non-res points. I think the Book Cliffs Bitter Creek/South would be a better pick as it has a much larger area with more access, and just as many bears. It would also enable you to hunt with the use of dogs if you were to decide to do that. I understand that using hounds isn't for everyone, but I find people out every year trying to spot and stalk that realize it's not near as easy as they had imagined and are looking for help to fill their tag. If you decide on one of the Book Cliff tags and are looking for info or help, feel free to contact me. You can also see some of what the Book Cliffs has to offer if you go to our website, www.huntwithgtoutfitters.com

not that good for harvesting a bear. if you look at the annual report. 26 tags total for 2010,2011 and 2012. only 6 tags fills in that span...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom