Bord Gulch?

LAST EDITED ON Mar-25-15 AT 01:56PM (MST)[p]Anyone here ever hunt here for deer? It would be a RFW hunt. I'm wondering if it is worth the six points if I want to hunt this year. I've never shot a mule deer buck before so I'm not after a trophy, but a respectable 4x4 would be preferred.
I would appreciate any help you might give!

My son hunted there last year...for does. It took us 3 hunts to get close enough (an evening and a morning hunt). We saw about 35, at over 250 yards, before we got close enough. We saw tons of does, a semi-decent 3 pointer and several forked horns. We barely scratched the surface of the place.

No doubt about it, it has a ton of deer there.

The Deakins MAY be better. That said, after hunting the Deakins that long, I didn't see anything great there either.
John 14:6

I am sure you will see deer. Quality maybe an issue. There are not a lot of resident deer in the area, almost all of unit 3 is migration route and as a result the deer that will eventually end up on the bord are deer that have travelled from unit 4. It does not mean that there are not bigger deer, but a person would essentially be hunting the same deer that are hunted in unit 3 with out the high points needed for a ranch tag.

I have spent a ton of time in 3 over the winter months in the past. I have seen very few really good bucks. A basket 4x4 should be easy to find, but finding anything that breaks the 160 or 170 mark will be a challenge.

Thanks for the input. Sounds like it might not be worth the points. I guess it seemed too good to be true. 5 points seems like no mans land for deer hunting.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom