Bow slings

O

OHbowhntr

I have carried my bow since I have started hunting regardless of where I was going or what I was hunting. On my last trip to Idaho for an elk hunt one of the guys had a over the shoulder type bow sling. Does anybody know where to find such a product?
Any opinions as to which sling would be best are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

That sling is found in Sportsmans Warehouse...I think its made by alpine ... works great! Goes over your shoulder and around each end of the limbs very easy to take off and be in a shooting position. Cost about 10.00

I put a Balcom bowsling on my Mathews LX. It has a hook that attaches to the cable guard. The hook catches a padded/adjustable rope from around your shoulder, and the hook can be rotated closed so that the rope doesn't come unhooked accidently. Hooking on and off is real quick-nothing to put over the limb ends. $25 ($35 to fit Mathews roller guard).

Doug/RedRabbit

I got mine at teh local Wal-Mart for like 5 buck a few years ago. Both my father and myself use them to pack in in the morning and out at night. They wrok great for long hikes back and forth to camp or blinds also.
Michael

There was a commercial on the outdoor channel for Slogan Outdoors that sold rifle and bow slings. I bought the rifle sling and love it. The slings are made out of a rubber of some sort. I haven't seen the commercial in a while but I think it was around $20 for the bow sling.

Cabelas has bow slings also. I purchased one from them last year and it works great, but I cn't remember the name of it.

I also use the one from Cabelas it is great. It goes on the bow and around your shoulder. I shoot with it on all the time. It helps me keep bow steady when shooting. I think it is called the cheater bow sling around $20.00. I love mine. Great for spot and stalk quick shooting.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-04 AT 10:21AM (MST)[p]WIPPED ONE OUT ON THE SEWING MACHINE.
used deer hide and rubber strips cut from intertube.
time 1/2 hour,
cost "freebee"

I've used one for years and won't go anywhere without it. You can find several different styles if you look around. The only piece of advise I'll offer is, if you leave the sling attached to the bow WATCH that the sling doesn't get in front of the arrow before you release. A couple of years ago, the wind blew the sling in front of the arrow just as I released and it got interesting. Ripped the sling off the bow (broke the clasp) broke the arrow into three pieces, one of which left a large cut on my arm and generally scared the #$%^ out of me.

Ghost Hunter

Check out primos.com they have one that will be going onto the market here shortly. It looks to be a pretty good one.

DeadI

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom