Boy did it again

nfh

Long Time Member
Well was a rough deer season for us. Started out with unsuccessful archery and let the little bucks walk. So tag soup for me.

Then took my boy on the mountain to experience a mule deer hunt. We hiked our butts off. One drainge held about 50 or so muley does and couple small spikes. I explained to my boy it's best to let these little guys grow and he was fine with it. Even my dad hiked in with us and passed the time playing crazy eights.

Well another general season opened up. 2nd day had a nice little muley come out of no where. Got my boy set up and no shot. This happened 3 times. He wasnt comfortable and called it off. I was frustrated. Took a minute to realize he made the mature call of not wanting to wound the buck cause he couldn't get settled in. Well few days later had a 130 to 140 class whitey cross the river. I brought the shooting sticks this time. Clean miss. That was a big bummer. Morning hunts were rough so I ran to montana for half a day of hunting then rush home to take my boy for evening hunts.

Well buck season ended and my boy has some doe tags to fill. Told him after we tagged out in montana we would focus on a doe. Well we filled 3 tags in montana. Told my boy when he wants to go let me know cause we got till Dec 15th. Got home from work today and he was packed and ready to go. Filled his doe tag. Our freezer is full so some tags are going to tag soup.
20231120_172039.jpg
Screenshot_20231120_191615_Snapchat.jpg

Sounds like you are raising that boy with the right ethics to not make a hasty shot if he isn't comfortable. Good to see those values getting passed on.

Nothing better than three generations of hunters spending time together in the woods. I lost my dad 5 years ago at the young age of 75. My sons and I still share stories about grandpa every time we go on a hunt together.

Cherish those hunts while you can!!!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom