Bozeman Area

C

chevy4x4

Hey I am considering going to college at Montana State University in Bozeman, MT. I would like some input from people who have gone to MSU or have lived in Bozeman. What kind of fishing and hunting oppurtunities are there? Are the tags over the counter or mostly by draw? Whats the nearest archery shop? How far is public land with good hunting? Any input on the college? Any general info on the area would be great.

Thanks
4x4

Good trout fishing
Great hunting over the counter
Yellowstone Gateway Sports in Four Corners
Within ten miles
MSU Sucks

Decent trout fishing
Awesome hunting over the counter
Big Sky Archery in Belgrade
MSU has some really good departments!(ie. Ecology)
Only problem is Zigga lives somewheres around here!;)
Irl

I'm a MSU alum, awesome place to go to school, national forest 10 minutes from campus, lots of good hunting in MT, you are in the middle of the state so just go any direction, great trout fishing, shoot me a pm if you have more questions.

GO GRIZ!! That said, all the posts are accurate as far as the fishing and hunting goes. It is a decent place for an edumacation and the social life is pretty good. Get away from the crowds for really good trout fishing. Send me a pm if you do get to MSU and I can hook you up.

IM goin to school at MSU and love it. The school and area are awesome. Still a Griz fan but MSU is a good school. The best archery shop I have been to is about 15 minutes from campus in 4 corners.

cauch,
Im also a student here at MSU. Did you ever decide if you are going to do the unlimited sheep thing? I seriously considered it but then opted for a limited area.
Irl

I decided to wait, I am going to go to wyoming after antelope and mule deer, and I will also spend alot of time hunting elk and whitetails in MT so I wouldnt have the time that I would need to go on the hunt. What area did you end up putting in for?

cauch,
I decided to focus on archery elk and the peak of the rut is around when sheep season opens. So I pretty much decided the same thing you did. So im going to try to get a pronghorn with my bow in August, then see about a muleys up in the high country before the elk get fired up, then ill be hunting the elk hard. If I dont get a muley with my bow ill go after a nice whitetail buck with my rifle.
Irl
[email protected]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom