brown bear hunt

STOMPER

So Im looking to book my wife her dream hunt of shooting a brown bear on kodiak island. I already have two proposed hunts being mailed to my house but I was wondering if anyone on here has had any good dealings with an outfitter on the island or knows of someone who can help hook my wife up with a bear over 9 feet. Im planning for this for 2014. I would post this in the alaska forum but i really don't wanna be bombarded with outfitters claiming they see giant bears behind every tree. So do any of my fellow nm hunters have and adivce on this bizarre request?

Stomper, look up Cy's Sporting goods in Kodiak and talk to Cy, he has been in business a very long time in Kodiak and can recommend the best guide for browns. I have seen some monster brown bear along the shores engorging on dead whales while fishing in different bay's on the west side of the Island.

NMBIGHORN

Give Jake Jefferson a call. He is the a one man operation and runs Black River Hunting Camps. He is BRWNBR on the Alaska Outdoor Directory Forum. He hunts Kodiak and the interior, took a 9'-2" in the interior with him. Cousin hunted Kodiak with him as well. Super guy, bears are his specialty.

elkmo41

Yo, smelly

Pm sent your way. Got some good bb info for ya.

------------------
DRSS

Im still looking. My karma continues. I booked a double brown bear hunt for me and my wife. We chatted with this guy at the dallas safari club and joked for 2 days. Then a week later I was having a busy day and got an email. He was asking if i would shoot solids out of my gun. Long story short is i had to shoot him a short quick reply. I told him my bullet choice wasn't up for discussion, end of subject. He replied back the next day that I was rude and he refused to do business with the likes of someone who was so rude. He said he will be returning my deposit. I left it at that and decided it was probably best not to do business with someone who was wierd.

Soooooooooo, now Im slated to go to the sci banquet in Reno, and the RMEF banquet in Las Vegas and continue my search. I will see if i can chat with some of your recomendations when I go. Thanks guys.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom