brown set 20 feet apart

W

whiteshadow

went out the other day found this set. its my second set this year best set to date. Pretty excited about it going to find a nice cape and mount it. pictures really dont do this buck justice. i havent put a tape on it but when i do ill post.

6321deer_horns_204.jpg

side view
1326deer_horns_205.jpg

left side
5839deer_horns_206.jpg

right side
4859deer_horns_207.jpg

Hey shadow. I met you yesterday and got to see this set in person. Its a great set. If you want me to email you the pics I took, let me know.

Yelum

Yelum yes i would like a copy of those if you could send those to me. Where you in the white chev 4 door?

hey yelum PM sent use that email didnt get anything on the foxmo email. thanks sorry for the hassle

im debating putting them on a plastic skull for now til i can get my hands on a good cape. lets have some input from some guys on here. any of you ever try it? any pics?

Maybe you should send me some of those picks to, after all I was in a white chev 4 door also :)

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

why would you want some picks of me holding sheds? im thinkin i might go with one of those mike plastic heads but i just dont know.

If you get a shoulder mount done, its gonna run you $600 min after buying a cape. Most taxi's have them. Thats a lot of money, but its your choice. I personnally wouldn't mount them on a shoulder unless they were 190 caliber or better. If you think you will find a better set in the near future, hold and do a euro.

Yelum

Try them on a euro skull I think they will look good. Check out my post above on a set I put on a euro skull a few days ago. It is pretty easy to and looks good I think.

I have extra capes around my shop some in the 24 inch neck range which is a large necked deer, also when mounting these sheds i might suggest have them mounted detachable so in the event you find a larger set you can simply change out your sheds with minor alterations to your shoulder mount, only alterations needed would be to cast the replacement antlers to accommadate the proper placement of said antlers, as they most likley wouldnt sit the same as the orginal sheds... hope this makes sense!

sure sounds good. how much do you charge to mount them. we are thinking he may go close to 200 ? i havent put a tape on him and im a bad guess but i think he will be close some guy is saying he will pay me top dollar...some guy from salt lake that is starting a deer museum? word on the street says he is going to pay me 1000 or more... well see i dunno what would you guys do in this situation would you sell them if this is true. horns like this arent lying around on every hill ya know.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-11-10 AT 12:47PM (MST)[p]I've never sold any of my sheds, but if that was mine and somebody offered me $150, it would be sold. For $1,000 I would deliver them to Montana.

Having seen these sheds, they have a lot of length, but missing a G3 and 16 inches of mass per side, I had them at about 181 plus the extra.

G1 3 3
G2 19 19
G3 9 0
G4 9 10
H's16 16
MB 24 24
E 2
Yelum

G 2's a taxi threw a tape on them just cause they were so big and he was getting 20 and 19 1/2 havent done any of the others thanks though ill keep that info in mind

hey white shadow, antlers are'nt around every bend like this and that kind of money is GOOD! one option is to have replicas made of these antlers and sell the orginals, its a win win for you and the quality is awesome when done correctly. keep that in mind, just my thought.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom