Browning X bolt

deadI

Very Active Member
Just curious as to what you guys think of the Browning X bolt rifles? Any one have one? What do you like and dislike?

DeadI/Jared
46e8aeb1660028c5.gif

I have one in 243, my son has one in 223wssm and a friend has one in 300wsm.

All 3 are very accurate. I bought mine for 'trade bait', but after shooting it, I decided it's a keeper. I've not heard of any complaints about accuracy or quality with an Abolt.

Are yours the A bolt or the X bolt. I am looking at an X bolt composit stalker with the blued barrel.

DeadI/Jared
46e8aeb1660028c5.gif

I have a 7mm-08 X-Bolt. I can't think of any negatives. It's got a few improvements over the A-Bolt. The trigger is probably the best factory trigger I've ever used. I like the detachable magazine better than the A-Bolt. I think the base/ring set-up is great(Thats how it got it's name). Overall I have been extremely pleased, but I've alway's liked Browning's anyway.:)
140 gr Accubond, 40 gr of Varget
robspics-1-1.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-22-11 AT 07:16AM (MST)[p]deadi my dad has what you are considering in the 270wsm and he loves it. He also has a older A-bolt in 30-06, he thought that was a great gun till he bought the x-bolt, now it is just a good gun. I shot it and it is so nice that I will be buying one in the 300wsm this summer. accuracy, features, low recoil is all great.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Good to hear this....I'm thinking of buying my son the new X-Bolt Midas in 7mm-08 for completing hunter safety.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom