browning x bolt

carterj16

just bought an x bolt and it will not eject the casing. I tried them empty and loaded and either way it will not kick the shell out. It just jams them up. the only way it kicks them out is if the gun is pointing straight up. I looked it over the best
I could and cleaned everything I could and still no luck.
any ideas on what to do.
its a 300wsm
thanks

Send it back to browning. Never had and problems with my wifes 7mm 08.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

It's a Newer Browning!

Nuff Said!

Browning will NEVER cost me another Animal,I Said NEVER!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

Take it back and get the a bolt if you can find one if not look into a howa. my brother inlaw bought the x bolt a 2 years ago took 3 boxes of going through different brands to get it to pattern

"it does'nt matter what kind of boots your wearing, its where those boots take you that matters most."
Steve Pollock rip you will be missed

www.hightopoutfitters.com

I love my X bolt and it shoots 5/8" 100 yd groups. I love the portability and feel. No extractor problems either.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-09-12 AT 10:02PM (MST)[p]I had the same problem on my new xbolt 300wsm. It is a COMMON problem.
Your ejector pin is getting stuck, or does not have enough spring tension pushing it out.
I sprayed mine with a solvent, and pushed it in and out many times with my finger...whalla it was fixed.
It may be the spring though, in that case you will have to send it back.
Mine was just FILTHY!

My 300 win mag ejects them fine. The only problem i have had is it doesn't like to feed reloads out of the magazine. If i have factory bullets or new brass it feeds them fine. I love packing it for the light weight but i would recomend investing in a muzzle break.

Don't be afraid to live for fear of dieing.

Sorry to hear that. I love mine it is a 7mm mag. I have had no problem with factory or reloads. I have actually heard of this problem with the short mags, don't know if that is why but its not the first short mag that I have heard about doing this.

DeadI/Jared
46e8aeb1660028c5.gif

I have an X bolt in 25-06 and it works flawlessly. Shoots great as well and will feed reloads reliably. I had an X bolt hunter in 270 WSM that had the same problem. It wouldn't eject the shells unless I pulled the bolt back super slow. Seems to be a common problem with the short mag calibers. I ended up selling the rifle and purchased a Tikka in 270 WSM instead. I still love my 25-06 though.

I have the X Bolt in the 7mm and I have not had any problems with it shooting reloads...love the gun..
OMB

There's room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potato's and gravy.

If you reload, please let me know if you run into any other issues or not. From what I have heard, and from experience the short mags can be a bugger for feeding issues, even on the best days.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom