Browns Canyon... National monument!

elks96

Long Time Member
Well what's the end result? Will it decrease access, take away hunting? I know it is around 20,000 acres. Why did it need designation? Did the locals want the designation?

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-15 AT 11:44AM (MST)[p]I'm not aware of any Nat'l Monument that allows hunting.

Turns out some do: Recreational uses in NMs include a wide variety of non-motorized and motorized activities. Each area is unique and offers different opportunities and different restrictions, but common activities include hiking, hunting, fishing, horseback riding, backpacking, camping, nature study, photography, mountain biking, and driving off-highway vehicle routes.

I'm a fly fisher, and why would I want that a national monument? Maybe a fly fishing guide would want that destinction to limit the number of licenses in the park. My LEAST favorite people on earth are fly fishing guides.

All National Monuments are not created equally, and most that are created these days retain most historical uses, including hunting, fishing, grazing, etc. What is excluded are extractive uses like energy exploration, mining, logging, etc. Browns Canyon is no different.

"My LEAST favorite people on earth are fly fishing guides."

Wow, I would have expected folks like ISIS to be higher on that list, but I haven't spent any time around fly fishing guides. ;-)

So what you're saying is that it keeps energy out. That's its goal.

>Wow, I would have expected folks
>like ISIS to be higher
>on that list, but I
>haven't spent any time around
>fly fishing guides. ;-)
>

Well I haven't spent anytime around ISIS, so I guess it's what you deal with most that you end up loathing.

>All National Monuments are not created
>equally, and most that are
>created these days retain most
>historical uses, including hunting, fishing,
>grazing, etc. What is
>excluded are extractive uses like
>energy exploration, mining, logging, etc.
> Browns Canyon is no
>different.
>
>"My LEAST favorite people on earth
>are fly fishing guides."
>
>Wow, I would have expected folks
>like ISIS to be higher
>on that list, but I
>haven't spent any time around
>fly fishing guides. ;-)
>

Or ranchers who sit on CPW commissions....

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom