Bubba Benedick's

Blank

Long Time Member
Everybody knows about those high-society Eggs Benedicts, with fancy imported Canadian bacon and maybe little quail eggs, and sweet yellow Hollandaise. Maybe Mimosas and a melon ball. We ain’t doing that this morning!!

We’re having us some working man’s Bubba Benedicks!! Muffins, cheddar cheese, BIG sausage patties, large chicken eggs, and mini tater tots w/ white pepper gravy. Don’t get no better, before going to work. :)

3D1C2114-B3BA-47EA-A9E2-CBC64E9D647A_1_201_a.jpeg

C1A98458-0043-4A91-920A-AADE85C7E2E3_1_201_a.jpeg

Blank if I ate that before I went to work I would just go back to bed. But it does look mighty tasty. .....
Do you do Hollandaise sauce I have tried it a couple of times it is a little hard to do so that you don't scramble the eggs when mixing in the butter. But hey I'm talking to Chef Blank you tell me how you do it please...

Haha. I actually love Hollandaise, and do it all the time for a lot of meals. Same with Béarnaise over steak. I usually do real Eggs Benedict, but prefer fried ham or bacon, instead of Canadian bacon. I also do fresh shredded hash browns.

The little packets of sauce are OK in a pinch, but you need a small pan to use on the stove, and I found that Knorrs is the best: better than McKormick. Just milk, and butter, and for the Béarnaise I add a lot of fresh ground pepper. However, it's so easy that I can make it from scratch just as fast as cooking the other (if I think about it ahead of time). I bought a little mini-blender for things like this from Bed Bath Beyond for about $25.

Egg Yolks – 3 eggs, room temp works best
Lemon Juice – 1 tablespoon
Dijon Mustard – 1 teaspoon
Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
Cayenne Pepper – just a pinch
1/2 cup of melted butter
Smoked Paprika - a pinch to make pretty

Melt the butter in microwave safe container
Mix all the other stuff in blender, for 5-10 seconds
Pour in melted butter slowly, while continuing to blend, for additional 15-20 seconds. Too hot, or too fast will cook the egg yolks

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom