Buck from 67

Waygoner

LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-12 AT 11:35AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-12 AT 10:31?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-12 AT 10:31?AM (MST)

Here's the buck my brother shot on Saturday right at dusk. We saw over 100 deer that day, hardly any bucks and only this one that was a shooter. Look at the gut on this guy! Fat, dumb and happy. He was shot within sight of where some Utah guys were camped. :) 28" wide, should score 175-180. Shot about a mile from where I got a buck two years ago. Same genetics, both have a small kicker on the right rear fork.

Crappy cell phone pic:

2537jeffdeer.jpg

Here's mine from 2010:

9469buck2010.jpg

GREAT LOOKING BUCK

Romans 10:13
THE LORD IS MY ROCK
NRA LIFE MEMBER
marines.jpg

fox14.gif

Nice buck and a good story. Sounds like those other hunters might need to look closer to camp. I remember the picture of the buck you took 2 years ago. Cool that they were in the same country. Did you see more deer in 2012 than in 2010? Is the herd "bouncing back?"

Definitely saw more deer this year than in 2010. We only hunted one day so it's hard to say what the numbers are like. I might try to get out to do a little scouting now that the rut is in full swing and hunting is over.

Numbers seemed good, age structure is still bottom heavy bc the deer you really are hoping to find had to survive 07/08.

Great buck your bro shot, congrats to y'all.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom