Buddy Heater in elk country

I started using the Buddy Heater on hunts that didn't have enough wood for my wood stove in the wall tent. I ran the buddy heater for about 32 hours on a 20 lb propane tank. It was close to zero and the Buddy heater kept the tent comfortable, but not as warm as a wood stove. When you first hook up the buddy, it takes a couple of minutes to purge the air out of the gass line. It seems like you are having a problem, but it just takes a little patience. Hope this helps.
MT

We used one a few years ago at 8000ft did not work good at all. Worked fine at home at 2500ft. Tried removing the low oxygen sensor ended up not working at all.

My litte buddy was never a reliable source of heat in hunting camps. I like the idea of having oxygen sensor, but it just never worked well for me and it ended up in trash can. For a reliable source of heat in cold weather, I use briquettes and wood in wood stove.

We used on at just over 10,000 last year to take the chill out in the morning, worked fine

As said before it isn't as good as a wood stove but last year in Wyoming, at about 7000 ft, there were burning restrictions so I bought a lil buddy and a full size one. They eat the 1 lbs cannisters in one night but my 5 gallon one lasted 7-8 days. Takes the chill out but doesn't get the tent warm.

Have 2 I use every year at 8,000 feet and they work kick A**.........Never had a problem in 5 years.....

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom