Buffalo Hunts?

eyeman

A friend struck out on tags everywhere this year.
He wants to get a Buff meat hunt.
Any suggestions?
Like I said he is only interested in a meat hunt. Not a trophy hunt.
Preferably southern or central Utah, Arizona or maybe Cali.
Thanks in advance.
Good luck to all the tag holders this year!

How about Oak city Utah ? We have taken a few off this guys place. But it may be to far north for you?

If you do some checking, you will probably write off any buffalo meat hunt in CA. Prices here in CA. are way above most other states starting around $2,500.00 and up for a 3-4 year old cow meat hunt.

RELH

Send him on over to Point of Rocks Wyoming. This bison came wandering through the mine on Sunday.
5736bison.jpg

After calling the G&F about it they stated that 8 days ago it broke free of it pasture in Rawlins and the owner has been looking for it ever since. They said since its not wildlife, but livestock they don't want anything to do with it and to call the brand inspector. The brand inspector for the RSGA was called and will be out looking for it tomorrow. They want it dead. If he gets here first it could be his.

Mike Hathaway @ Mike's custom Taxidermy. Help us with the Bison. He did the hide and the scull for us. They load it in our truck and arrange for a butcher to meet us just north of Filmore at his Butcher shop on a Saturday.You don't want to waste any of it. He has cows and bulls.
It was a older guy with a ranch in town that raised the Bison. He can even drop it of on his ranch and make a fake hunt if you like. Or you just shoot in a big field. They bunch up so you have to wait for a clear shot. Mike can put you in touch with the guy. His number is 435 406 1036 in oak city, Utah

You can still apply for Custer State Park. meat hunts are $2500 I think and trophy hunts are 5K. I drew the trophy tag last year and took a B&C bull. not the most challenging hunt in the world but I'll do it again if I can draw.

660 lbs of buffalo burger and I'm about foundered on it.

All hunts fair chase on public land.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom