Bull down!!!

elkhunternm_13

Well got into screaming bulls on the first and missed and absolute giant as he snuck away with his cows! Today the 2nd I had to be in town for a job interview but as soon as it was done I was headed to camp. Picked up dad and off we went. Got into the same area as the previous day and waited for the action to start. Sure enough at about 3:45 one bull sounded off and that started it all. We dropped down into where he was and crept in. I gave him one sweet cow call and he fired off again at about 300 yards. We moved in where I thought he was and I cow called again. Nothing. I bugled. Nothing. So now I'm thinking we bumped him so I move up to a little higher ground. As soon as I get up he screams and he is right where I just was at. I drop my pack and my dad tells me to go on ahead and go after him that he would stay back. I move up about 50 yards and he bugles again bit now he is moving off and quick. I take off after him and cow call as I'm moving. He's still way ahead of me so I let out a good bugle and he responds instantly. Now my dad starts to cow call about 100 yards back and I move up on a big rock pile. The bull bugles and he has turned around and coming hard as he thinks he left a cow behind and another bull is sweeping g in. I wait and just like he read the script he cruises by at 42 yards and I double lung him. He runs only 50-60 yards and crashes. I'm very proud of this bull and glad I got to spend another year chasing bulls with my dad. Now to fill his tag with that giant that roams the area.
8980dscf6121.jpg

111dscf6126.jpg

Very good Bull, the hunt sounds like a great family affair. Glad your dad was there with ya.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom