Bummer

Roughly 50 miles from the initial hit. Wonder if IFG is going to wholesale slaughter that unit. It's just across the highway from one of the historically best units in Idaho.

I talked to an old boy Sunday in Jordan Valley OR he said one of the locals shot a big ass bull in 40 a few weeks back. He was concerned because the liver & lungs were covered with whitish bubbly spots took it to F&G they tested it Positive for CWD !! According to F&G it was not the 1st reported animal from 40 with CWD

If guys would stop going to this F’n check stations we wouldn’t have to worry about what crazy ass over reaction will come from F&G next
I believe that you will get a citation if you drive by without stopping and they believe that you are hunting, for sure if you have a dead animal with you. However, if you leave an extra vertebrae on the head of your deer, they cannot scoop the brain cavity to take the sample they need. They will instead ask that you take the head to your local regional office, which you can then forget to do.

I believe that you will get a citation if you drive by without stopping and they believe that you are hunting, for sure if you have a dead animal with you. However, if you leave an extra vertebrae on the head of your deer, they cannot scoop the brain cavity to take the sample they need. They will instead ask that you take the head to your local regional office, which you can then forget to do.
They don't pull brain matter for the sample. They pull the lymph nodes. And yes, they will go after you if you blow through a check station. I've seen them do it a few times at the station outside HSB.

They don't pull brain matter for the sample. They pull the lymph nodes. And yes, they will go after you if you blow through a check station. I've seen them do it a few times at the station outside HSB.
They used a narrowed table spoon to scoop brain on the ones they forced me to stop for in the field.

*Edit* I now see the IDFG video on lymph node sample removals. Yeah, there's no way around that, but I do wonder why they didn't do that to any of mine, which were as recent as last year.

They used a narrowed table spoon to scoop brain on the ones they forced me to stop for in the field.

*Edit* I now see the IDFG video on lymph node sample removals. Yeah, there's no way around that, but I do wonder why they didn't do that to any of mine, which were as recent as last year.
Hard to say.

Well crap, at least in reading the press report it sounds like IDFG is going to take a measured approach this time and not wage all out war on the deer in this unit

The deer near McCall migrate outta the area. If not, the "Agency removal" would of already begun. Leave em be, the deer will work it out. I wish beef got the chit!

"I drive right by them every time. Granted my vehicle gives me some cover."

LOL

They don't even notice the Prius.
My guess is you’re one of the guys that has to compensate for his short comings with as douchy of a truck as possible. I’ve been to Utah, pretty much the standard

I talked to an old boy Sunday in Jordan Valley OR he said one of the locals shot a big ass bull in 40 a few weeks back. He was concerned because the liver & lungs were covered with whitish bubbly spots took it to F&G they tested it Positive for CWD !! According to F&G it was not the 1st reported animal from 40 with CWD

Is this info published anywhere yet? I’m calling BS story until I see that. I killed a bull in 40 last year and never heard of CWD in that region and talked to a lot of folks.

I’ve seen spots on liver and lungs like that too, I didn’t think it was a symptom of CWD. I can’t find any literature that supports this claim either.

"My guess is you’re one of the guys that has to compensate for his short comings with as douchy of a truck as possible. I’ve been to Utah, pretty much the standard"

So you're a Mormon Prius driver?

"My guess is you’re one of the guys that has to compensate for his short comings with as douchy of a truck as possible. I’ve been to Utah, pretty much the standard"

So you're a Mormon Prius driver?
That sounds like a very specific fetish and now I’m worried about why you’re so interested….

Is this info published anywhere yet? I’m calling BS story until I see that. I killed a bull in 40 last year and never heard of CWD in that region and talked to a lot of folks.

I’ve seen spots on liver and lungs like that too, I didn’t think it was a symptom of CWD. I can’t find any literature that supports this claim either.
Call it whatever you want !! I did not interrogate the Old Fu-ker for his proof, he openly said a local had killed one that tested postive & it came from 40 & he said it was tested by F&G !! How many posts did you see last year about CWD in 32A ?? NOT A DAMN ONE !!! F&G are not going to publish anything until they can get more animals tested

I heard it on the View. Must be true.
IMG_2559.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom