Burning Moose Points

smitty

Very Active Member
I've got 9 points and wondering if there is any CWMU or unit that a guy could realistically draw? I'm not set on shooting a giant bull, just want to burn the points and move on with life. I'm just hoping there is some unit out there I could draw and actually get a moose down.

I know its a long shot, and I'll be checking other sources, just wondering if you guys know where I could look.

Thanks

I hate to be the bearer of bad news... 9 Points wont guarantee you a tag in any unit or CWMU. You won't be moving on with life anytime soon, unless you get damn lucky. Go to the Utah hunt draw odds and fill in the species column and the number of points you have. All available moose units will be listed.

Yea, I am aware. I've been checking the units as well, don't have any idea where most of them are. Some look like they would have good odds, meaning 2 or 3 applicants for 1 tag. But that makes me wonder if that unit sucks for moose? Hence the post for some help.

Follow up on Bear Springs, To me it looked like you are closest to that tag? Wouldn't hurt to contact the operator and See what he has to say. Good luck in your qwest. I'm in the same boat :-(

If it makes you feel any better I drew mine with 6.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-22-11 AT 08:21AM (MST)[p]Drew my Moose tag with 6 points on a CWMU, and drew the deer tag the following year with 0 points. Unfotunately found no deer worth shooting this year. And the moose numbers looked down as well. In both cases it was just luck.

Not to make you feel bad, but looking at last year's bonus point statistics shows about 10,000 people ahead of you in the points race. This year there were 81 moose permits issued. I'm not real good at math, but I suspect many of those people will be dead before they every draw a permit. So that might up your odds a little.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom