Burris Euro vs. Zen Ray

Burris does not have state of the art diaelectric prism coatings or ED glass or easy clean lens coatings.

Both have great warranties

Go for the ZEN

I can share what I thought of the Burris Euro 8x42 which I owned briefly.

Optics were impressive. Sharp very close to the edges. Excellent color rendition. Warm bias as I have heard it referred to. Wide field of view.

The fit and finish was excellent. Heavy yet well balanced.

I didnt keep them due to one bothersome issue. The required placement of my eyes was so finicky that I had to pay more attention to that than what I was looking at. My understanding is that this was due to the extra long eye relief on the 8x model. Extending the eye cups helped yet never resolved the problem. I wear glasses.

I would expect the 10x to have less of an issue with this since it has less eye relief.

A very impressive binocular otherwise.

I can tell you I've been hunting with them almost every day the past month and if you go with the 8x43 Zen ED you'll be happy you did..."vichris" here on MM sold me on the 8x43 vs the 10x43 but I'd imagine the 10x43 is very similar...excellent glass for the money IMO!! My 2 hunting partners with Steiners and Monarchs are ordering ED's and throwing their old glass on ksl.com.

~Z~

I was guiding antelope hunters this past weekend in New Mexico. I carried my Zen ED2's in 10x43 as well as my trinovids. There were three other pairs of binos in our group, two SLC 10x42's and a 15x56 Geovid. In a nutshell, the other three were astounded my Zen's had a better view than anything they had. Mine were noticably brighter and contrasty, and it rained off and on all weekend. No problems, fantstic views, even better than those SLC's and that big Leica by their own admission.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-15-09 AT 10:02PM (MST)[p]Burris is the ONLY optics Co. I've ever had warranty issues with so I have a bias against them. They have made some good optic in the past but I never look through or even consider their glass anymore.

The Zens are excellent glass and I consider them the best value in binos on the market today.

Get'em.

Those that have actually looked through/spent extensive time with them feel the same way vichris....those that haven't are the ones who don't want to believe it. There has been an optical engineer at another forum who tested and said the same thing, as well as a very well known writer/professional hunter.

Exactly Fortis!! Those who haven't had the opportunity to look thru Zen Ray themselves are still to this day the only people I've heard say ANYTHING negative about em!! I was way skeptical with forking out the money on the ED's until I noticed every single person that had looked thru or bought them, had nothing but GREAT things to say about em. After buying and hunting with em for a month straight...I have ZERO REGRETS!! I really hope they come out with a high end quality spotter in the future, I'll buy one the day they become available...

Doug at CameraLand will definately get my future glass business if he becomes a ZR dealer, I hope to see that happen in the near future too :) Just curious, any consideration on that yet Doug??

~Z~

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom