Bush impeachable offense?

M

manny15

The word is out. Their position is clear. Last week, Sen. Russ Feingold floated a reckless plan to censure the President, and some Democrat leaders have ecstatically jumped on Feingold's bandwagon.

And, if they gain even more power in November, they won't stop there.

Feingold says that censure actually represents "moderation" and calls the terrorist surveillance program an impeachable offense. ##### Durbin, the number two Democrat in the Senate, fails to rule out impeachment if Democrats retake Congress. Iowa Democrat Tom Harkin is talking "high crimes and misdemeanors." And 31 House Democrats are calling for a committee to look into impeachment.

Their leader? John Conyers, who would become House Judiciary Committee chairman under Democrat control.
The Democrats' plan for 2006? Take the House and Senate, and impeach the President. With our nation at war, is this the kind of Congress you want? http://www.GOP.com/WinThisFight/

Democrat leaders' talk of censure and impeachment isn't about the law or the President doing anything wrong. It's about the fact that Democrat leaders don't want America to fight the War on Terror with every tool in our arsenal.

And what happens if we stand on the sidelines, and give the likes of Russ Feingold, John Kerry, and John Conyers control of Congress? Here's what the The Wall Street Journal says: "In fact, our guess is that censure would be the least of it. The real debate in Democratic circles would be whether to pass articles of impeachment. ... [E]veryone should understand that censure and impeachment are important -- and so far the only -- parts of the left's agenda for the next Congress."

The world is watching. Using every tool at our disposal to fight terrorists should not be a partisan issue. Democrats should to be focused on winning the War on Terror, not undermining it with political axe-grinding of the ugliest kind.

Sincerely,

Ken Mehlman
Chairman, Republican National Committee

Yep my thoughts EXACTLY. The Dems will stop at nothing to regain power even if it means taking down this great country along the way. This is no way to act when at war. The Dems are scum. They are doing more harm than good to their party. It ia a shame. But Dman will vote for them.

"We MUST Hunt"

The funniest post of all time:
The reincarnated Indian whale, Luna, was prop chopped to death by a tug boat. The tug Captain will have to live with that for the rest of his life.
ROFLMMFAO

Someone needs to be B!tch Slapped! That's freaking disgusting. I might be heading to the army in a year, and I aint sure I want to go if we're gonna have "them" controlling our military.

Michael~All Gods creatures welcome... right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

When my enlistment in the national guard is up this October, im canceling my subscription!
Irl

Bush is such a idiot you can't take legal action against him, retards have rights . no way would he ever be found competent to stand trial.

During these times don't it make you proud to be a Republican??? Just look at all the great and wonderful things Bush is doing! I just want to stand up on the nearest peak holding hands with SoTX and scream "BUSH IS GOD AND YES HE IS A GREAT LOVER!"

GMAFB!

Zigga, I'm with you on that one, BUSH IS GOOD, but I don't know about the lover part. Maybe you are typing from experience?

As hard as it is to detect sarcasm over the internet, I'm pretty sure I get your guys' drift.

Do you really think we should change CINC's in the middle of a war? Do you really think that we should pull out now and have all the lives we've lost be for nothing?

Michael~All Gods creatures welcome... right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

I think your hearts in the right place but is it better to loose more lives for nothing? there will never be peace in that part of the world I'm afraid.

The thing that should scare us is not terrorism but the fact that the Bush presidency has divided this nation like not other president in modern history. I'm not going to join in the name calling but just think about the effect of the Bush Presidency, has it been positive? No Bush has not committed an impeachable offense, neither did Clinton and his impeachment was pushed through by the Republicans. we need two things, to get a third party that will be responsible to normal guys like most on this site and to give Texas back to Mexico.

Well said Cornhusker. Some on this site feel that if you aren't a hard core Republican, then you are a flaming Democrat. I wouldn't be proud to admit being either Republican or Democrat these days. Your comment about Bush dividing this country like no other President in history really hits home for me. I've been saying that for quite a while now. This website unfortunately proves just that.

MichaelJ,

Go to school - Get educated - Be happy
The military is used for purposes other than preserving our freedom.

Cornhusker, very good point, Bush has divided the country. We do need a 3rd party in politics.
Give Texas back to Mexico......LMAO.....very good there

First off the US can not give the great state of Texas back to Mexico cause the US never took it from Mexico to begin with. TEXANS took Texas from Mexico. Thats right the country of TEXAS. If anything Texas ought to be given back half Of New Mexico, Oklahoma and part of Colorado. LMAO

Now for all you peace-nics that don't have the stomach for war should move to France. Yea where the friggin Muslims are about to take over that country.

Remember 911? Now even more that through Sadams tapes, a direct link has been made between Alquida and Iraq. Plus peace-nics you guys can't see past tomarrow. Look at the bigger picture. You guys want instant gratification. That don't happen in war peace-nics. George Washington fought for 8 years to free this country, George Bush has only had 3 years in Iraq and for only 3 years he has accomplished a hell of a lot. Our military is doing one hell of a good job it is a shame for you peace-nics to impune these great Americans.

Also for you peace-nics that like to play the "Is'nt it nice to be a Republican, or If your not a hard liner your not patriotic" card. It aint about that, it aint about Republican or Democrat. It is about supporting our military and not trying to tear down an administration in the middle of a war. Look if you're a Dem fine with me but get on the side of Joe Liberman.

Don't give me that crap when you peace-nics try and wrap yourself in the flag and say you support the troops while you make statements about how terrible things are in Iraq and we need to bail. Cut and Run mentality don't hunt peace-nics.

In war nothing is perfect. Yes mistakes are made. But you don't pull the plug over it. Get some fortitude peace-nics, act like you got a pair, this is war lets win it and stop whining.

"We MUST Hunt"

The reincarnated Indian whale, Luna, was prop chopped to death by a tug boat. The tug Captain will have to live with that for the rest of his life.
ROFLMMFAO

SoTX,

Talk is cheap. Why don't you grab your bags and jump on the next plane to Baghdad? I wouldn't want my kid going over there and Bush aint worth dying for. I've already lost a cousin and I think you might already know that.

The most ignorant post of all time:
"HOMER KILLED TODAY BY ARCHERY OPERATOR"

If they would take me I would in a heart beat. I would also be proud as hell if one of my children wanted to enlist and serve this great country.
What our great American fighting men and women are doing for us deserves our greatest thanks.
Again if you can't stomach it move to France.

"We MUST Hunt"

ROFLMMFAO

LAST EDITED ON Mar-27-06 AT 02:10PM (MST)[p]I like to post stuff like this to provoke us to thought, not to grab anothers throat...LOL...

OH! Texas is awesome, they did kick arse....

No my friend you are wrong. The troops are an extension of our Government no matter how YOU want to spin it.

"We MUST Hunt"

ROFLMMFAO

So.Tx I love you military guys that see things through the eyes of Rambo and to many movies of the same genre. It's always the same us tough guys against you peace niks and if you don't see it our way your not a patriot and your selling the country out. It will never change and this post won't change it. No we didn't take Texas from Mexico but the border dispute between the Republic of Texas which the U.S. annexed and Mexico was settled with the Treaty of Gudadalupe Hidalgo which ended the war in 1848. The U.S. was extablished as a Republic so that the troops would not be a direct extension of the government. The Constitution created a division of powers as well as checks and balances so that the troops would not be an extension of government as they are in totalitarian governments such as Cuba or many of the ex communist regimes.

So.Tx
Great choices, my compliments I am aware of the site and use it as part of a class I teach that covers the Medal of Honor winners. A great film on 4 of the best winners, is Beyond the Medal of Honor narrated by Tom Brokaw. Its a 5 hour long story of 4 winners, a quite inspirational showing kids love it in spite of its length.
Husker.

"A country that forgets its heroes cannot survive." (Abraham Lincoln)

I really dislike people getting quotes incorrect and I screwed up the quote. The quote reads "Any Nation that does not honor its heroes will not long endure." (Abraham Lincoln) Good words of wisdom for this country.

SoTX,
There must be something in the water down there, I don't agree with you any more than your buddy Bush. but I'll give you credit for being smarter than Bush, you can spell and form whole sentences. I don't get the comparison of Washington and Bush though, Washington helped form a country and Bush screwed up two, Iraq and a pretty good job here at home. and last of all I think there's a fine line between a peace nik and a realist on this war, it's a wreck.

>MichaelJ,
>
>Go to school - Get educated - Be happy
>The military is used for purposes
>other than preserving our freedom.

That's the thing, I'm not going to the military to get educated. I'm smart enough that I could get through college on my own with scharlarships (and student loans of course). I've seen too many kids nowadays going to the military for all the wrong reasons. I'm heading in because I want to serve my country and as corny as it sounds "Be all that I can Be." I'm the youngest of 4 kids, no one has been to the military and I feel as though it's kind of my duty to go to the military for my family. If I do go, I'm planning to get deployed and being over there. I also want to find something that I can possibly pursue as a career for the rest of my life.

You make it sound like just because I'm not old enough to vote that I should quit voicing my opinions in political discussions and just "Go to school, Get educated, and Be happy." Screw that man!

Hey sorry about the post above, I was a little heated and my words came out wrong. Was up at 5AM this morning for a job interview and didn't get a whole lot of sleep.

>LAST EDITED ON Mar-27-06
>AT 02:10?PM (MST)

>
>I like to post stuff like
>this to provoke us to
>thought, not to grab anothers
>throat...LOL...
>
>OH! Texas is awesome, they did
>kick arse....

Huh,All this time I thought that you liked to post this stuff to get everyone riled up then threaten us that your gonna take your ball and go home. :)

beavis.gif

Well huntindude The comparison was to illustrate that forming a new Government takes time. George Washington did not have to battle the liberal mainstreme press. Bush can't make a move with out them tearing him down. It is relentless. Just one example is when Helen Thomas last week in a Whitehouse press conference became bulligerent and acusatory with the president. This woman and the rest of the losers on the Whitehouse Press Corp are there to REPORT and to be UNBIASED and not throw their personal beliefs into their REPORTING. Of course these elitest refuse to be called reporters anymore. They call themselves "Journalist." Journalist............if that is not a liberal, elitest reassignment, politically correct term derived from academia I kiss your.......
Also I am probably the worst speller I know. My 10 year old is always correcting my spelling, and I tend to have run on sentences.
As far as this country goes huntindude, I don't know where you are but this country is doing pretty darn good. Record low unemployment rates, the economy is booming and has been for some time, we have not had another terrorist attack cause we are kicking the a$$es over there and not here. The country is doing great. Therte are just a bunch of Americans that can not stomach war. They do not have the fortitude to see this thing through. They sit safe and sound in their home behind their computer and go about life never giving thought to 911 or the terrorist that want to kill them. You are so far removed from reality you simply lay blame and wish for things to just go away. Well they are not going to just go away. That is exactly the way Clinton thought. That is why he never did a thing to stop terrorism. I am glad we have a President who acts like he has a pair.
It is no wonder you think things are so bad, you are listening to the left and the Democrates piss and moan constantly. Did you see what Joe Liberman (a ranking Democrat) said when he returned from Iraq? He is about the only exception on the left that will give it to you honestly.
Huntindude don't let the Dems fool you into believing it ALL Bad. You niether Zigga....

"We MUST Hunt"

ROFLMMFAO

I make my living in agriculture and it's far from booming , more like bust. $ 3.00 diesel, interest rates going up because the government is running up the national debt like a drunk sailor. and that's just the economics of it, don't get me started on the other stuff. I think I'll go ahead and dislike Bush.

There is nothing wrong with disliking the president, but you gotta give the guy credit for takin the fight to them, rather than sittin here hoping nothing happens

Why do we have to give the guy credit for "takin the fight to them, rather than sittin here hoping nothing happens"?

This president is accused of going AWOL for God's sake. There was a reward for whoever could prove that he didn't actually go AWOL. Had he been a proven war veteran maybe I would have a little more respect for her.........I mean him. He was to scared to do what he is putting our soldiers through. Ironic isn't it???

I believe that we will be dealing with terrorists no matter what. Better to have them fighting our military in Iraq then having them attack civilians in this country. Do I agree with everything Bush does? NO. i do know that as long as he is in office, gun control will not advance, my huntin rights will be intact and I won't be taxed so high I can't afford to hunt.

The price of gas is 60.00 a barrel. How can you blame Bush for that. It's a miracle we aren't in a recession based on oil prices. Interest rates are going up. Compare them to the average for the last 25 years and they are very good.

You can't blame Bush for this, you can't blame Bush for that. just give him credit for the good things he's done, if you can think of any. I'm not a Clinton fan but in his 8 years did he take your guns? did he stop you from hunting? did he take all your money? no and the national debt was a fraction of what it is now. we'll see what the Bush guys think of his legacy in a few years, I bet they'll be sitting in the corner with thier mouth shut. just hope it isn't Hillary trying to clean up the mess, no doubt she's smarter than Bush but to far the other way for my taste.

Well, having just completed Political Science 206, and 222 (and to think I actually remembered part of it!!) I do remember some discussions that we had.
You people seem to think that the reason the national debt is going up is simply because Bush is president correct? Well sorry to bust ur bubble but War is EXPENSIVE!! It takes billions of dollars to support a war overseas. I think it's more important to not shortsupply our military when they're over there and give them the best possible chance of coming home, rather than trying to save a few dollars to look good on the year end "Bank Statement". Would you rather us supplying our soldiers with bow and arrows just to save some money?

Atleast Bush lets his generals do what they know best. He doesn't call all the shots in war. He gives his commanders the free reign to bring this war to a close as soon as possible.

I do agree with some of you though. There will never be peace over there. It's not in their culture, and neither is a democracy. The people over there respond best to a dictactorship and it's something most Americans will never understand (let alone myself).

I agree war is very expensive, and this is Bush's war remember. no WMD's no ties to Aquida and so on. so Bush's war = national debt and dead people. and before you say we stopped terrorist with the war remember that Bin laden is still free and Iraq is a wreck, with more people who hate us now than before. time will tell who's right but I know where I'll put my money.

Well - there are definite links to Al-queda in Iraq and there were at the time of war too. Saddam definitely supported them and allowed them to operate in his country, providing aid and comfort to them. There may not have been any WMD's found (which ironically nobody thinks is a good thing - I think we got there in time to stop their development and use - Saddam definitely wanted us to think he had them but was lying about them! If he could have had the chance to develop them I guarantee you he would have - and would have used them too!) but Saddam was one of the most ruthless dictators and despots the world has known in a long long long time. He used the Oil for Food program to stuff his own pocket - literally taking food out of the mouths of his own people. No one understands it but since the inception of that program he built 72 of his over 96 palaces! But besides that - it really doesn't matter why we went there now. The fact is that we are there and whether you believe it or not - Iraq will be better for it in the long run. It will take a long time to re-stabilize the country. The insurgents a little more than a band of criminals who slaughter wantonly without regard for life and are now focusing their efforts on their own countrymen who are valiantly standing against them more and more every day. Everyone seems to forget that our invasion of Iraq passed both the Senate and the House with a clear two-thirds majority - in fact there were very very few votes against it.

The issue with the Dems trying to impeach Bush is totally seperate. They think he used too much power via the Patriot Act in the days following 9/11 to spy on potential terrorists. In fact he did not, he was well within the parameters of both the U.S. Constitution and the Geneva Convention to do so. This talk of impeachment is garbage and it will go away through the proper legal channels.

I am not a Dem or a Fat-cat republican, though I would definitely say I lean to the right on most issues. I hate politics but I love truth. You can find it out if you read between the lines, look at the right sources, do enough research and not listen to every piece of rumor and innuendo spewed out from every political correspondent who is trying to impress his boss by editorializing his own point of view instead of reporting the facts. Also, don't believe everything you hear on talk radio - they all have their own agendas too.

Don't get too overworked at the Dems either. They are only doing what the Republicans did to Clinton his last four years in office. Bush may not be the greatest President ever but he's not the worst or as bad as public perception would tell you he is. He didn't divide the country either. It was already divided when he came into office. The parties did it by not trying to put politcal differences and agendas aside and working together to make the country better. Politics used to be a selfless service for the common good of the country, instead it has turned in to a selfish money-grabbing free-for-all contest to see who can stuff their own pockets the fastest. It is a game, a joke and a disgrace to democracy for the most part. So when we vote this year, let's vote our conscience to find the best person for the job, regardless of their party affiliation.

Support our troops. They do protect us and our interests. Pray for our leaders that they do what is right for the common good. Pray that we can be protected and that our way of life can too.

ROY

"That's all I have to say about that."

Huntindude said "just hope it isn't Hillary trying to clean up the mess, no doubt she's smarter than Bush but to far the other way for my taste."

Please explain to me what your definition of "smarter" is. I guess I am just not "smart"

Bush did steroids with Rafael Palmeiro when he owned the Rangers... OK, I won't go that far just kidding. But seriously my impression since 2001 and particularly after recent comments is that he has froze with his finger on the "trigger" since 2001 and doesn't know what else to do. That's all he could manage to say for himself two weeks ago when an anchorwoman asked him why we are really still at war -because he's still freaked out. He needs to take a breath and step back from the war situation and re-calculate the loss vs. gain of what we are doing over there. I've not seen one legitimate comment that we are doing the RIGHT thing over there, just that; there might have been worse president's, he might have had WMD's, we may as well fight them over there (how many Iraqui's have attacked us on our soil?), on and on. More excuses than actual REASONS. The bottom line is Iraq no longer has the ability to threaten anyone with WMD and has not been able to for some time. That is not worth losing thousands of lives over. If our help is asked for by the people of Iraq to rebuild than we should provide it, other than that we simply need to leave, now.

Roy, your politics are symbolic of watching a news broadcast once a month. If you have paid any attention at all it is the REPUBLICAN Senate that is leading the allegations in to the Administration bypassing them with legislation. Your also wrong about the Constitutionality of non-Patriot Act era events. The law clearly states that #1 must have a court order to wire tap, which he did not get countless times by his own admission after the Patriot Act originally expired and that is only a part of the gievance in Congress. You almost make a good point about the Country being divided and yes it did start with the Clinton impeachment joke. You all know how I feel about that one.

"pray for idiots, they know not what they do"

Woodruff,
Com'on, Bush is not bright face it. To listen to him speak is painful, I don't like him at all but I feel sorry for him and wish someone could help him sometimes. and then there's what he does, like the port deal, selling our public land and on and on. I'm not sure he's a bad guy just dumb.

I personally don't think any of us know all the details about Iraq. If we did I imagine we would all have different opinions on it. I just don't see any point about bitching about how stupid Bush is to still be in Iraq when none of us really know everything that goes on over there. I think it would do us all well to finally learn that you can't listen to what the Today Show says about the war. I have noticed that they just like to stir things up.

huntindude,

You said, "To listen to him speak is painful, I don't like him at all but I feel sorry for him and wish someone could help him sometimes."

AGREED! During the debates I just buried my head in my pillow and wanted someone to put him out of his misery. How embarrassing for him and he was too stupid to even realize it.

He sold himself in the first election with bs like no more taxes and the dems will take your guns.
The second election he sold himself with bs like he believes in God and the dems don't and the dems won't protect this country agains terrorists. Yes, he did divide this country by shoving fear down our throats about the dems. Clinton didn't kill us did he? Unfortunately just over 50% of us took the bait. My biggest worry is the deficit and how we will ever recover. We need to know when to say when regarding the middle east.

Marksman,
So what you're saying is maybe we don't know everything so lets stick our heads up our butt and assume everything is for the best? remember what Bennie Hill said about when you assume?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-01-06 AT 05:49PM (MST)[p]Hell no i didn't say that i said we shouldn't ##### what we don't know everthing about. Do you not get pissed when politicians say that they love and support hunting, but they don't know anything about hunting. I just don't figure you are getting much done venting to people on the internet. Unless of course Bobcatbess is really George W. Bush. Our posts aren't worth anything

You're right about arguing on the internet, someone one here has a quote " arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics, no matter who wins you're still a retard " I doubt Bobcat is really Bush, he's a little to rational and he can form a whole sentence. sorry, I just couldn't help it.

I saw that post too. Interesting post. Now why would someone post to a forum on "discussion" and not expect any debates -LOL. Marksmen, for myself and Zigga we had several family members over there and I think that's where we do have some perspective not everyone has. I honestly don't like to bash Bush, it's not my style and doesn't do much good. It's just that I can honestly say there hasn't been one other politician I've ever known that I disagree with in principle on so many issues and it drives me bananas to listen to other people buy in to some of the manure.....

Dmanmastertracker, "for myself and Zigga we had several family members over there and I think thats where we do have some perspective not everyone has."
Unless you guy's have actually been there, you don't have ##### to say, you don't know anything except what he or she said.
Oh, don't believe me either, I spent 14 months there. But then again, that, to you, is just hearsay.
It really pisses me off when people say , my cousin said this my brother said that. Shut the freak up, you were'nt there you don't know. Unless you spent time there, I don't want to hear a thing you say about how he has botched everything up.
One comment was made here, if you want to get rid of him, remember who you vote for, not only in 2008, but this year as well in the mid term elections.

And when you say you back the military, not the government, you are sadly mistaken. The military is absolutely part of the government. If you truly do support the troops, then keep your opinions about how Bush screwed everything up. Bush is the Commander in Chief, and a lot of the troops are very offended when you bad mouth their Chain of Command.
Yes there were WMD's, yes Sadaam did support Al'Queda. You wonder why the WMD's were never found, Sadaam sent them to Syria, this is from some of the remaining Generals and higher up Baath officials. Where has Al'Queda gone? Why are they still fighting in Iraq and Afganistan, simply because we have denied there ability to operate there and they will operate and terrorize there again when we do leave.
ALL YOU ARMCHAIR QUARTERBACKS REALLY PISS ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya you guys, listen to some guy off the internet not your friends and relatives!

Thank you Buttshot for your service.
These peacniks think they have it all right.
My brother was there and my cousin is still there. They are flabergahsted at the negativity. The press espeacially. They both say things are nowhere near as bad as the press makes out. Typical of a peacnik to impune a military person such as yourself.
You are right in what you posted but the Peaceniks think we have "bought into" a lie perpetrated by Bush. They are simply full of hatred for Bush they can't see straight. Huntindude thinks Bush is a complete idiot, saying he can not spell or make complete sentences. He is saying this about a man that has a Masters from Yale...I guess Yale just hands out Masters degrees to any one...........not.
Its all about the hatred for Bush. The peacniks on this board could care less about or fighting men and women and will at every instance impune them and our President. Sad just sad.

"We MUST Hunt"

ROFLMMFAO

I apologize for my little tirade last night. Everybody is entitled to there opinion. It just really gets me going when people tell half truths to make their argument look right.
At least we have men and women who served and help found the nation and bless the souls of those that wrote the Bill of Rights. Bless the men and women who are serving now, that guarantee these rights, even to those that hide behind website names.

I guess being called a peacenik is better than being like a guy with short man syndrome. I think war is the right answer at the right time and place done the right way, we're doing none of the above. we went after Bin Laden which was a good thing, and ended up with Sadam. Bush failed, oh that's right you can't blame him for anything I forgot. You guy's seem to believe in democracy so we'll see who's right in November if the Republican's retain control the American people think you're your buddy Bush is right. the polls look like Gilligan's in for a rough next two years at this point.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-03-06 AT 09:06AM (MST)[p]If it were up to some of you the mass graves would still be filling up and the rape rooms would still be up and running,...but you could care less, it's not your sister being raped and it's not your father and brother laying, decaying in a shallow grave on top of hundreds of other bodies with a blind fold on and a bullet in their head. Sounds pretty selfish.

huntindude, I echo your sentiments. Buttshot, please don't confuse angst with our politicians as angst against the footsoldier. My grandfather has 12 medals from WW2 and opposes how we are going about the war, please don't try and tell me he does not tell the truth, or I should not hear his opinion. I respect your servitude, but that does not give you any right to tell me my veteran cousin's, friends, uncles and grandfather have no opinion. I do understand that you have comrades over there and feel you need to shout your support, I would do the same. You should view our comments as we value your sacrifice so much that we will fight for you to see it is not wasted.... -DD

"war is the right answer at the right time and place done the right way" WOW sounds like a John "Swift Boat" Kerry Talking point. Someone is on message.

"We MUST Hunt"

ROFLMMFAO

>"war is the right answer at
>the right time and place
>done the right way" WOW
>sounds like a John "Swift
>Boat" Kerry Talking point. Someone
>is on message.

John Kerry....Wasn't he in Vietnam??

Kerry in vietnam was a joke. You ever see the "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" website? All but 2 of Kerry's war buddies said he is unfit for command. You know all those "awards" he got? Yeah, he APPLIED for every one!! He wasn't recommended for a single one. I think that shows what he's made of...

So getting drunk and going AWOL for the rest of your time in the Air Force like your buddy Bush did is better? at least Kerry went. and it should have been " Swift boat veterans with an agenda"

>So getting drunk and going AWOL
>for the rest of your
>time in the Air Force
>like your buddy Bush did
>is better? at least Kerry
>went. and it should have
>been " Swift boat
>veterans with an agenda"

Alot better than driveing a car in the river drunk and leaving your date in there to die like the liberals hero Kennedy. I wouldn't exactly call what Kerry did was horerable either.

I had the guy who wrote one of the books on the Swift boats speak at the school I teach at and do a book signing a couple of months ago. He had actually went up river with a boat that Kerrey commanded. One of his points whether Kerrey was fit for command or not or deserved the medals he received HE WAS IN HARMS Way they never knew when they were going to be hit. Kerrey was there not AWOL, end of your B.S. arguement. Your illogical arguement bringing the Chaptquatic incident with Kennedy shows a real desperation in trying to defend that which is indefensible.

Cornhusker
Believe it or not there is a certain criteria that needs to be met before your can be awarded certain medals. And in the case of the purple heart, just being in harms way doesnt cut it. Injuring oneself also does not entitle a person to a purple heart. Otherwise, Id have more purple hearts than Kerry. I also find it hard to believe that Bush was really AWOL. So please let me know what your source your using. Also, definitions of long obscure words you like to use would be helpful to the common lay person that uses this site. Thank you very much,
ismith

ismith
You lost me their. So what your saying is that Kerrey deserved his medals. If he received them and their is a certain criteria your logic says he deserved them. As for the proof that Bush was AWOL we have the flight squadron commander admission that Bush was not present on several mandatory exercises. I apologise but I have read my posting and I can't find and obsure word that the common person wouldn't understand. I myself am as common as anyone on this site. I don't know if I even know any obscure words.
Best Regards
Cornhusker

LAST EDITED ON Apr-03-06 AT 09:12PM (MST)[p] You know what guys? I don't give a damn that Kerry wasn't fit for the Vietnam war. I don't give a damn that Bush was supposedly AWOL. Do you know why? Because it doesn't make any differnce today.
Wanna know what else doesn't make a differnce? A bunch of punks getting on here who don't know crap and knock the war. Okay you don't like the war. So what the hell do you think we should do. I want to hear some genius remarks right here. Do you think we should pull our troops out, and let Insurgents (sp?) take over Iraq and let a powerful dictatorship take place. Do you think we should turn it over to the Iraqi police force and military and say "Here go get your unprepared asses kicked in battle." What do you think guys?
If we did this would our sons and daughters have to go over there and fight another war in 10 or 15 years? I can almost bet that they would.
I think we back our troops remember those that gave their lives and keep on fighting. When elections come around let your votes do the talking. If you want something to change get your arses out their and vote, or you can sit on MM.com and just gripe about President Bush.

Cornhusker,
Actually I misunderstood part of your post. No Kerry probally didnt deserve those medals. I say probally because I wasnt there so I cant be certain. As for Bush being AWOL, I doubt he was. If you were familiar with how the guard works, you would know how the admin people can get things pretty screwed up. I honestly dont think a squadron commander could remember some obscure detail that happened 40 years ago. Give me a break. Kerry did join the military, Ill give him that much credit since Clinton didnt, neither did that Kennedy thats still alive, or any other liberal scumbags that I know of. And just so you dont think Im a Bush lover, I think that dudes gone off the deep end with the ports deal, the immigration free for all and now the sale of forest service lands that he supports.
ismith

I really don't know what the hell you do now. That's why you make decisions of this magnitude with a great deal of understanding of the consquences. I think the integrity of our leaders do make a great deal of differences and thus if Bush was AWOL that would definitely lead to a question mark on his integrity and the same would be true of Kerrey. I have never missed voting in an election since I was 18, I have also affected legislative change through contacting legislators at the state and federal level. So I guess I would say I have done a little more than gripe on MM. Take a chill pill debate is what has made this country what it is. Just one question, keep on fighting is your statement for how long and at what cost? (dollars, lives)
Cornhusker

Marksmen,

I've been saying this for a long time and it never seems to sink in. HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH MONEY ON THIS LOST CAUSE??? Osama Bin Laden wants to break this country and I'd say he is succeeding. At what point do we say, WE'RE BROKE!!!? Is it 20 trillion dollars............or higher? Don't you think we, the most powerful nation on the planet, could have assassinated Sadam if we wanted to with a single bullet? Our #1 priority should have been OBL but for whatever reason, we had to go after Sadam. It doesn't make sense. We are now the most hated country on the planet and unfortunately things won't be getting any better for a long long time until we get out of the middle east. Buckle-up for Iran.

God Bless America!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-03-06 AT 09:31PM (MST)[p]blah, blah, blah, blah, blah................beating a dead horse. Yeah we're screwed. Think Ill avoid all political threads from here on out.
ismith

Some of you Bushies aren't much good at debates. there's a difference of opinion here, you don't have to pull out your ozzies and start shooting. I don't think Bush is a bad person just not to bright and a crappy president. now why do you want to spend trillions and kill millions to spread democracy but go postal on anyone who has a different opinion than you? and marksman what makes you think we're going to be out of Iraq in 10-15 years? not unless we're broke or they kick our butts out. there won't be any holding hands and singing in the streets in Iraq like Bush promised no matter how long we stay.

Okay, Now that I have read 69 posts on here, between doing homework with my two sons and feeding their little brother every 2 1/2 hours, cleaning up after dinner, and having to cool off before I sat down to write this....
Here goes, my husband and the father of my children happens to be over in that sand pit, and he's fighting this war for not just the freedom of a people we know nothing about, he is fighting for the continued freedom of our children, yours and I'm sure grandkids of many of you. This, is his second deployment with the USMC and you know what, I AM DAMN PROUD of him and all others that are serving this great country. (And yes, they serve under the President)
No matter what you think of this President, whom I support whole heartly in this war. I'm not supporting all things (like immigration), but at least he is facing the issue unlike that war dodging idiot before him. This President has fortitude, he doesn't change his position when the polls go down. Bush has stood strong on this war. Which was launched with the votes of the HOUSE and SENATE, and the backing of our allies, not just the President saying so.
John Kerry (spelled Kerry) not Kerrey (as Mr. Cornhusker) has written it, over and over. (Are you sure you teach!) Also voted to go into Iraq.
You know, just saying you teach gives your liberal rearend away. That's one of the reasons this country is going to hell in a hand basket, we have WAY too many of you in our schools. Liberal, doesn't that mean: give freely, Hhmm lets give and give to illigals, but stop fighting a war that will bring freedom to others, because it's costing this country too much???? I'm sorry, I don't know where you stand on that issue, but I'm sure with how you have written your self to be on here. I can only guess what your stand is.
You and Ziggy (which "Ziggy", leads me to believe you might smoke a little of that stuff, that idiot Clinton said, he didn't inhale. Let's talk, integrity!) should think about the rights you have and how those rights came about. You should also think about what it would be like if you lived in Iraq or for that matter any other part of this world. I feel so Blessed to live in a country where I can say my peace and live to see another day. In a land where I can go see a doctor and not have to wait forever to do so, a place where MILLIONS flock seeking FREEDOM.
Go back and look at any of the Wars that have been fought, they cost money and "YES" people die and if God forbid, it's my husband that goes. I will make darn sure that his kids know what this war is really about. PROTECTING THEM!! They will know that their dad is a HERO through and through.
My husband of all people should know the progress that is happening over there and we truly do not get the clear picture from the Media in this country. I wonder why???
For those that have served this Great country, Thank you, for those serving Thank you, and those that served and paid the ultimate price, Thank you and may the Lord Bless you and your families!!!! No, I am not ashamed of my Faith and I shall never be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, the mainstream media is the cause of the divide in this country~

Posted by: A Proud USMC Wife

ShotFX4, WOW, now thats a hard chargin devil dog woman right there. Could not have been said any better. Tell your husband thank you from me. My family and I at diner Grace pray for men such as your husband every night. Thank you.
The peaceniks can not stand a man with conviction and determination that is why they hate Bush so.
ShotFX4 I would have to disagree with you on one point though. This great country is not going to hell in a hand basket. Things in this country are the best they have ever been in history. Our future is bright, yes we are at war, and our heros are fighting and dieing, but it is not the end of the world. The libs and Dems would like you to think all is bad and wrong with this world but it is not. The glass is half full.
The Ziggas and huntindudes of the world have forgotten 911, they do not want to hear the truth about Sadam and Alqueda, they do not have the stomach to do what is right and stand strong in the face of evil, they want to put a Dem in that will cut and run. They forget we still occupy Germany, Korea, Philipines until recently, ect, ect...They live in a warped world of instant gratification and refuse to see the big picture and fight the good fight.....for as long as it takes and at what ever cost........to answer your peacnik question ZIGGA.......giving up is not an option........so dig in peaceniks and suport what we are doing........either that or move to France where you can have a life time job for nothing.......

"We MUST Hunt"

ROFLMMFAO

Nobody here questions the honor of those who are fighting or have done so for this country, but were not to dumb to question the fight we're in it's our right unless you've forgoten that. and you guys will not give in on the fact Sadam had NOTHING to do with 911 except he's an Arab. NOTHING,NOTHING,NOTHING the hijackers were Saudi's not from Iraq and your buddy Bush still hasn't caught Bin Laden. how dare I question this war, give me a break.

The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the Nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else."

"Theodore Roosevelt in the Kansas City Star", 149
May 7, 1918

huntindude you are sadly wrong, wrong, wrong, about Sadam and his link to Binladen. Christ...in his own words he has admited to ties with Binladen. Dude do you live under a rock. There is a whole series of tapes with Sadam speaking on his WMD's and Alqueda.
As far as not catching Binladen that goes back to your inability to live in reality and get out of your instant gratification lifestyle. Time will bare this out. You obviously think everything must be done perfectly or it is a complete loss. Yes mistakes are made and no one is denying that. There are mistakes made all the time every day durring a war. Look at the mistakes made in ALL past wars. To you I guess all our leaders in past conflicts were stupid, or idiots, or incompetant.
So go off and elect some peacenik frigging President in 08 and see how visiously we are attacked.
Note to huntindude and all other peace hippies, when you bash the President on how bad a job the military is doing you are bashing the very troops that give you the freedom to bash

"We MUST Hunt"

ROFLMMFAO

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public"
TFinalshot not one time in all 70 post has anyone said we should not critize the prez when he is wrong. Wake UP

"We MUST Hunt"

ROFLMMFAO

ismith,

No.
I hung out with my prego wife on Saturday and found a matched 6-point with my bro in law on Sunday.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-06 AT 08:53AM (MST)[p]"The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life."
Theodore Roosevelt

Why dont you cheery pick that quote too. Do you ever see the forest through the trees?

I think the only thing that disturbs me is the down right hatred some have for Bush, here in the USA that is, what example are they showing the Fanatical Muslims groups, they must feed off that hatred wouldn't you say..?..

Shouldn?t it be done with some respect and reverence, I have family members who hate Bush and I must say it makes me sick to my stomach, and embarrassed to see people hate their president to that degree. It almost seems barbaric, kinda like ole Booth who shot Lincoln?that kinda hatred is just un-acceptable in our society, don't kid yourself there are people that hate the PRESIDENT that much?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-06 AT 09:01AM (MST)[p]T,

Well put and I think that says it all!

SoTX,

Have there ever been ragheads that have been our ally without making money from us? Probably not, I think they all hate us. To say that Sadam was involved with 911 is incorrect. Plain and simple, THEY ALL HATE US! THAT IS THE CONNECTION! They were going to kill the guy in Afghanistan that converted from muslim to christian. If that isn't a sign that we need to leave then I don't know what is. After all we have done for Afghanistan and the new government tries to pull that. GMAFB!
Answer this question please. How much is too much? Can't we protect ourselves from other places than downtown Baghdad? Do you honestly think that the next president won't have more problems with the middle east no matter what Bush does? Because of this fiasco our safety may never be safe. Don't blame it on the next Democratic president. Why no mention of the fact that Reagan gave Iraq weapons to start this whole mess? We need to stop meddling over there.

"To say that Sadam was involved with 911 is incorrect" I do not know who you think said that Zigga, because it has not been stated in any of the 75 post in this thread. You Peace Hippies want to stick your head in the sand and make it all go away. We all live on this planet and there is and always will be an element that hates us because of what we stand for.....no matter what we do.....we can not sit back and let them gain power and attack us at will.
sounds like you want to pull out of the middle east and hold hands with Muslims and sing Koom BY Ah and think all is well and in harmoney with the world. And as soon as you do that those scumbags will knife you right in the back. Do you honestly think if we just left those people be they would let us be.....I guarantee that would never happen. First they want to wipe the Jews off the planet then the Christian Infedels next. Wake up all you peace hippies the world does not work the way you want it.

"We MUST Hunt"

ROFLMMFAO

Doesn't the truth lay in the eyes of the beholder?

We can not judge what we know nothing about. How long did we give those people a chance to move what ever was there. And if you really paid attention, it was there.

Rememeber people Congress and the Senate are what make or break this country and all they can do is sit and bash back and forth. (Kidda like on MM... LOL)
So, get out there and vote. I know I'll be voting, but remember to vote for the future of our children!

By the way,
Isn't a peacenik, suppose to want peace in the world. Peace will only come when we try to give those freedoms we have to more people of this world. Not, having them continue to try and take ours away. Bush is not the best President by any means, but I'm darn glad he's allowing those that are leading my husband to do their job. I'm glad it isn't someone who would run from what those men and women are working so hard to accomplish over there. Which they have been accomplishing so many great things.

We might not have Bin Laden, but we are in a country where we can take on any of those nuts over there. Hhhmmm, have you ever played the game of Risk? I'm not saying war is a game. I'm just pointing out the fact that when we do get things in Iraq set, we have a great stratigic point.

Another thing, Bush didn't make others hate us, they already did, it doesn't have anything to do with him and everything to do with FREEDOM.

Thank you, SoTX for your prayers.

TFinal, Thanks for that last qoute!

And that's the kind of hatred those people in the middle east have toward those that don't worship as they do. The hatred your family has should be aimed at them, not at ANY of our own.

Where exactly did I say that I wanted to hold hands with anyone? I just said that we should stay out and watch from other places than downtown Baghdad in tanks and hummers. Big difference. Don't make me go back and find where you said Sadam and alqeda had links.

Kisses

Zigga, Zigga, Zigga you need to pay more attention to what you read my brother. Slow down on your venomous takes. Take a moment to read what I wrote before you respond.
Quoteing you "To say that Sadam was involved with 911 is incorrect" Now again I will attempt to repeat my self. No one in all 80 or so post has stated that. Yes we stated they (Sadam and Alqueda) definetly had ties to one another but it has not been proven that Sadam was involved with 911. Got it now!!!
Secondly I never said that you said you want to hold hands with Muslims........I said and I quote "Sounds like you want to pull out of the middle east and hold hands with Muslims and sing Koom BY Ah and think all is well and in harmoney with the world." the key words in that quot Zigga are SOUNDS LIKE!!!!!!!!!!
I stand by my statements.
Read Zigga....read Zigga

"We MUST Hunt"

ROFLMMFAO

Easy boys, I know it's the off season but come on... Great posts Tony B.. Right on the mark. That's why we have our State Representatives so that the people can voice their concern's, which is the basis on which this Country was founded. George, someone did say here that as Commander in Chief we need to always support #1. I think Tfinalshot's comment's summed a perfect response to that. On the other comment about us not being able to leave Iraq now I have to commments; So we never leave? Secondly, if Iraq has no WMD capabilities, then who would they threaten from afar with monitoring, as we used to do successfully (without the loss of life)?

shotfx4
Oops! my mistake the ex Senator and Governor and Congressional Medal of Honor winner Bob Kerrey spells his with an e my mistake. Wow! You can really get fired up and issues insults quickly such as your attack on Zigga. It makes one wonder the reasoning why the personal attacks on a political debated topic.

"It is dangerous to be right when those in power are wrong." (Voltaire)

Cornhusker

My final thoughts on this post. Some of you made me think on both sides of this. What I don't understand is how quickly some on this site can sound like they are ready to go postal. Remember this country's founding fathers disagreed on many things. Tremendous debates occured at the Constitutional Convention and over the war of 1812 as well as most others. But many of you sound like you're ready to fight a civil war if others don't agree with you. Awful lot of tough guy syndrome on this site and I agree 100% with whoever it was that said we shouldn't hate Bush I certainly don't, I just disagree with his policies in many instances.

"It is dangerous to be right when those in power are wrong." (Voltaire)
Cornhusker

LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-06 AT 11:29AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-06 AT 11:25?AM (MST)

In all due respect ShotFX, I think your position is the one that we must fear. You said:

"Rememeber people Congress and the Senate are what make or break this country and all they can do is sit and bash back and forth."

I hope your husband is fighting for the truth, and not your political perspectives. The truth is this, WE, you and me are the government, we are the senate, and the house, we are the nation. It's when we get so complaicent as to ignore our responsiblity that we shall be discraced. I'm affaid you are alarmingly right however, most people feel that the government now controls us, instead of feeling that we control our government... I'm affraid you hit the nail on the head, and I'm also affraid that there are a lot of like thinkers out there, unfortunatley.

the irony of it all is that when anyone speaks out against this administration they are classified as anti's and people try to guilt othere's into feeling bad for the troops in order to shut them down. . .

Anyhow, God bless you and your family, and we will pray that your husband comes home alive! He's a very brave man for serving, and for that he forever will have the trust of the people.

The Bushies have played this card from the get go. I'f you don't agree with the president 100% that means you hate him, the troops and your country. so you're a Benedict Arnold and should be bunred at the stake. how else could you get the American people led this far down a path of stupidity. nobody wants to be a traitor, that's how you control people but it's drug on to long and the lids off this can of rats.

huntindude,

You've been watching way to much of CNN, NBC, and not paying very close attention to whom is getting brain washed.

How can you be on a hunting site and have such backwards views. If you libs had your way, this country would be ran by ACLU and Green Peace.

I don't by any means think Bush is the best President, but I certainly don't think he's the worst either. My word, we have been through 911 and Katrina, yet our economy is still standing tall and our stock market is still pulling.

I think I have this one figured out. The Democ(rat)es, won't be able to stand it, when this war brings great change in the middle east.

I don't want my husbands hard work to be for nothing and that's what will happen, if the democrates have there way.

It makes me sick to read some of the posts on here and you people actually think we can just pull out and that will be that.

Let me tell you, those young Iraqi children are tasting just a hint of freedom. Give them a little while to savor the taste and change WILL happen.

Someone said postal on here. We all know gun safety, right??

Tfinal,

My husband would not want pitty. Nor was that what i was looking for.

He fights this war with a heart that feels it's right, eyes that see change, a mind that has hope, and the dedication to see completion.

He nor I feel by any means, you shouldn't question your government, but you should seek the truth. I don't feel that we as a nation really understand the rights we have and the "Freedom" which we live.

Our youth watches way too much MTV and has too little guidance.

I never said, if you don't agree with me, you are anti anything. It's our right to disagree and that's the beauty of this country.

I have voted in every election since I was 18 and I have never marked a box on an issue, if I didn't understand it's meaning through and through. I was taught that if you don't know it, don't check it, because you maybe doing more harm, then good.

I'm passionate about my family, my beliefs, and my country.

Grateful am I for your prayers
and
I respect your opinion~

FX4,
I think you mean well and I honestly wish you were right. I think things are a lot more complex than many people think and peace in the middle east is a long shot at best. we'll see who's right in a few years.

I pray I'm right!

Of course it's very complex all wars are.

I do really feel that given the time good things could happen there in Iraq. So many of those people really want freedom. It just has to grow and all things take time.

I come off as harsh to most of you, I guess! If you really knew me, it's just passion for what I feel is right. Nothing more then that. I can be a smart@$$ though and I think that's where people take it as, attacking them.

The Iraqi people do want freedom no matter what some libs think, all you have to do is look at the numbers....they had about a 70%-80% voter turn-out in their last election. America couldn't even come close to that many voters. Sounds to me that they want democricy more than we do. I know nobody said that yet on this thread but I know for sure some of you are thinking that because it's part of your talking points.

I hate to riun your fun but by all accounts the high voter turn out was the Sunies voting against the Shites for power. that's why civil war is probable or as some say going on now, they hate each other as much or more than they hate us. Islamic law will still preside.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-05-06 AT 09:32AM (MST)[p]>I hate to riun your fun
>but by all accounts the
>high voter turn out was
>the Sunies voting against the
>Shites for power. that's why
>civil war is probable or
>as some say going on
>now, they hate each other
>as much or more than
>they hate us. Islamic law
>will still preside.

Even if that were true (I've never herd that before, it may just be a CBS "news" report) we still can't get that many voters in a time of war even after all the liberals say how "Bush has divided this country SOOOO MUCH". Bush didn't divide the country, the liberals seperated themselves from the country.

huntindude,

The Sunni's boycotted the elections. They didn't even turn out to vote. Where are you getting your information?

You same guys pissing and moaning about Bush bashers just can't wait to bash "libs", what's ironic though is that any democratically voting person I've seen on this site does not bash Republican's as a whole as you do. As far as dividing the Country you people need to look yourself in the mirror. The last few elections were some of the closest in history, so yes, the fact is the Country is divided almost right down the middle and if popular vote counted, some would have had a different outcome altogether. If some people had common sense enough to see there are two sides to every issue at least, there would a hell of a lot less division in this Country, THAT is the problem.

That is because.....and I have posted this to you before, Conservatives are proud of who they are. Libs want to duck and dive and never admit what they are. If you are a lib step up to the plate and say it. If your scared then say scared.
I will also say it again when you vote for a Dem you are voting for PETA, Animal Liberation Front, Hollywood, every single anti gun and anti hunting group in the nation, gays and abortion rights activist, the feminest movement ect. ect.... This is what makes up the Dems base. They bow down to the pressures of these groups. I for one am not going to vote Democrat for this reason. The Dems need to clean house before they get my vote.
I wish someone on this site can make a good argument for voting for the Dems espeacialy if you are a hunter or gun owner. It is mind boggling why a hunter or gun owner would support the very party that wishes to tear them down.

"We MUST Hunt"

ROFLMMFAO

FX4,
You made my point, the Sunnis and a lot of Kurds did boycott the election because they knew the coulnd't win againt the Shites. one group of fanatics with power and the other groups of fanatics with little or none. sounds like a recipie for peace to me, gosh we should have our troops home in time for Easter dinner. and DMAN your right I think the plan is to stop all debate before anyone has time to think, they don't like folks who think for themselves. maybe the republicans should change thier symbol from an elephant to flock of sheep.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom