Business broke into

alp75

Very Active Member
Hey guys, as some of you may know I own and run a rental / retail business at the Bear River Lodge on the North Slope of the Uinta's. I worked yesterday and stayed the night to work today. After hitting snooze once I got up early to go up the mountain and look for some mountain goats(I have a goat tag) before work. Driving past the store I notice the door wide open. I stop and find the door jamb on the floor. After looking around it doesn't appear that anything is stolen or missing. Anybody have any thoughts as to why someone would do this? I know this is a long shot as well, but if anybody hears anything please pm me. Needless to say I didn't get up to look for goats, instead I am sitting here waiting for the sheriff to get here and write up a report. Lame. Let me know why you think someone would do this without taking anything.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-04-09 AT 07:32AM (MST)[p]Dang Mountain Gnomes with crow bars getting into chit again...:) Sorry to hear that. I hope once you get to really look around nothing is missing. Good luck on the goat! If I hear anything down here in TX I will let you know!!!:)

you sell cold medicine??

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Maybe it was some meth head looking for "cash only". One thing is for sure it's hard trying to figure out why criminals do the things they do. Some are just not that bright. Example====

I was searching in a prisoner brought in by UHP. This guy called to report a robbery and have the police file a report. When the trooper arrived he asked what had been stolen. The guy said that he was robbed of one pound of pot. Then said " I still have the other pound it's right here under my spair tire" and showed him. He was expecting the trooper to find his pot??WHAT WAS HE THINKING??? LMAO.

"Because the door was just there, waiting for somebody...anybody to come and bust it down"

I don't doubt some Utard had that thought :)

Could have been much worse i guess but i'm sure you didn't need this. Hope you catch em Alp!

Joey

We are a little store out in the middle of no where and consequently our prices are a little high, so maybe someone was pissed that they had to pay $6 for 2 dozen worms. There was one guy who really got pissy about it yesterday and I told him if he didn't like it to drive 30 miles to get them cheaper. Maybe he came back after drinking a bit to show me who's who.

"...$6 for 2 dozen worms..."

"...Our prices are a little high..."

???

Maybe he just wanted to borrow your shovel. Did you check for fresh dirt on it?

My God I hope those were at least night crawlers. Those are more than a pack of cigaretts.I might have to quit fishing also....

LAST EDITED ON Sep-04-09 AT 04:39PM (MST)[p]My thoughts would be, and in no particular order;

Digruntled employee/customer seeking revenge. (If they bypassed any large windows for the door then probably not)

Burglar got cold feet or scared off by something.

Burglar who was looking at any alarm/response time for a job later on.

(edit: was starting to spell as bad as ransom)

498a6f395e505405.jpg

probably one of those out of control Utah bears.

talk to killroy about getting an attorney and suing the DWR.

Reddog, that is hilarious! I was wondering about that pile of scat outside the door. LMAO.

1911 I think those where some great ideas. Thanks.

maybe someone really needed to use a phone for help or something. check the records and see if it was used.

Probably not a big deal alp75. Stuff like that happens to most businesses and residents here in Kali about twice a week.:)

I think 1911 is on the right track.

Eel

alp,

That sucks. Maybe they just wanted money and never found it and left? Beer? Could have been kidslooking for beer or cigs, but does not sound like it was taken. My guess is money.

....some gal's husband looking for you ??

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

ktc,

I don't think it was money, or if it was they were blind. I had just picked up a bunch of change for the holiday weekend and left it in a quarter box on the floor below the registers. It wasn't much but it was $200 in quarters, nickels, dimes, pennies and ones. It was still there along with my wallet that I left on the counter. Needless to say those items won't be left out again. If there is a next time I probably won't be so lucky.

I will tell you who it was, it was that danged sassysquatch. Could be they needed assistance like said using the phone..you might never find out

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom