Butcher shops in arizona?

Anybody got recomendations for a place to take deer/elk/wild game for a cut and wrap in arizona? Specifically Bullhead city area or fairly close to kingman area?

Mark Fell in Kingman. He's great. Does his work out of his garage but has the full setup with a big walk-in. He's the meat manager at Smiths(?)in Havasu or Bullhead, cant remember exactly.

Perkinsville meat in Chino Valley AZ, I have been to a lot of meat processors and they are buy far the cleanest and best I have ever been too.

i was also wondering if there were any in the phx area. the ones ive used have always been up north or down south.

Whatever you do or where you go, do not use 4 peaks on Bell rd and 19th Ave, they are the worst butchers by far that I have ever had the displeasure to do business with. Last year I had my deer cut by them, and they left hair bone frags, and the fat was not trimed as I requested. This year I took will take my animals to Flagstaff, there are several really good places

Good Luck
The Boss

Can't recommend Southwest Processing. Others may have had luck though.

Too bad about Four Peaks. I've heard good things but never used them.

Cut out your own backstraps and tenderloins. It's not hard to do and you know you get yours. .

I echo everything which has been said on this post so far. Perkins Meat does excellent work. Four Peaks is hit/miss. In Flagstaff, I have had excellent results from Flagstaff Custom Meats.

Please do NOT use 4 peaks processing on Bell rd. I have never had a good experience with them. One year they kept leaving messages on my phone that I needed to pick up my elk or they were going to give it away. The bad thing about this is that I had picked up my elk 8 weeks earlier. I'm guessing I got someone elses elk and someone got mine?

Last year was the worst to date. I shot a cow elk during archery season. Good shot back of lung area. Arrow went through the rib area and did not hit a major muscle group. I had the elk cut and quartered within 2 hours of shot. Put elk in cooler over night and took to 4 peaks first thing in the AM. This time, on the advice of my friend, I weighed the bags of meat before I dropped them off. I had 179 lbs of meat I dropped off with them. When I picked up the elk I had 117 lbs of meat.

I take a lot of pride and time in taking care of my game meat after I kill an animal. It it very clean and I cut out all the bad stuff.

I refuse to ever use them again and I will tell others not to use them. I think the only reason they are still in business is because they are convenient. At least that is why I used them 5 or 6 times. Everytime I picked up my meat I was disappointed by the QTY, the price they charged and I never felt confident that I was getting my animal and my animal only.

Bad meat cutters are responsible for their own demise. People are getting smarter and getting their own equipment and cutting their own. While I have not killed anything since that last cow elk, I am prepared to cut up my own animal if I have to. This way I have nobody to blame but myself.
I have no sympathy for bad service.

wish I could find the phone number for the guy I used in Payson he was great, he was located pass the airport. Does the meatcutting thing at his house, He did a outstanding job hope to use him next time we draw.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

mr azido- I'd like to know since you weighed your cut up elk - 179 lbs - was this deboned meat - Did the meat you recieve have all the dones in it ? Did you get ribs cut or just put that meat into burger - you got back 117 lbs - so you lost approx 62 lbs of elk? do you think it was meat bones or trim - - interesting - MM

I gave them 4 quarters with the bone in and bone was cut at knee joints. I also gave them bone-less neck meat and rib meat. I kept the back straps and tenderloin and cut it up myself into steaks. I requested that they make everything I gave them into Hamburger. I also requested soot to be added to the hamburger.

I fully expect to lose some lbs due to bone loss and moisture loss. However, I should not lose as much as I did. The neighbor who told me to weigh my meat before I dropped it off had a similar experience. He will no longer use them either.

I believe he now uses the guy in Payson that Gator mentioned. It is a butcher that works out of his and he has been very happy with him ever since he switched.

I lost his number so if you have it PLEASE sent it to me THANKS

i just picked up from wilcox meat packing company. so far it has been outstanding. no paper was used. every thing was vacuum sealed in shrink plastic and well labeled. way better that even the grocery store does.

its too bad about 4peaks. i was planing on using them in the future

Thanks Hunt
that the guy, Man he did a outstanding job for me.The meat packaging was great and the service was top-notch.

Just put a plastic picnic cloth over the kitchen or picnic table and get after it on the cutting board. You can be sure the meat is trimmed well and all the hair picked, as you are doing it. Cut the steaks as thick or thin as you like.

What you save in processing, you can purchase a grinder for burger/sausage.

InnerBasinPano2-copy.jpg

I just received my Elk meat back from " Rhonda's Butchers" in Flagstaff and it looks like it was done well. My hunting partner sent his Elk to the same place. While we were there, 4 other perople had their Elk hanging a 1 hunt had just brought his in to be processed. Theyhad it all processed and deliverd in 8 days to the Sportsmans Warehouse.

The Boss

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom