CA A-Zone Opener!

CHWino_1

For all of you rifle hunters waiting for hunting season, be advised that thousands of rifle packers will be out this Saturday in the Golden state for the opener of A zone.

My brother and I will be hosting our usual clan (about 6 of us total) at his place. This will be over 40 years that Tom and I will be opening the season together. Our group has been hunting as a group for over 25 years.

For the first time in a while, no full moon or 100 degree temps! We also have some serious pig problems on our property, so odds are some lead will fly this weekend. Hope to post some pics Sunday night!

Of course, our annual bocce tournament will take place.

We'll push some canyons and see what happens. Good luck everybody!

Hope to have a South Dakota deer tag to brag about Friday night!

"My brother and I will be hosting our usual clan (about 6 of us total) at his place. This will be over 40 years that Tom and I will be opening the season together. Our group has been hunting as a group for over 25 years."

That's what it's all about you are very lucky the group has been able to stay together that long.

The group i started out with consisted of 6 guys i was the youngest at 18 but the rest where already in there 40's and 50's.

It's been about 10 years since we last hunted together 3 have passed away and health problems caused the other 2 to drop out.I have been on my own since then and although i don't mind my Solo trips i do miss the comradery at times.

I lived in Idaho since 1971, but i rememeber those days,and the excitement of waiting for the coastal season to open. It was always hotter than hell, but alot of fun. We used to hunt with some local boys out of Paso Robles by alittle burg called Creston, good times!!

One of our best ever. Our six man bocce game Friday night took an hour and a half for the winner to reach 10 points. Needless to say, many adult beverages were consumed. Most by me!

Woke up Saturday feeling a bit dazed, but managed a couple of great deer drives resulting in Fred shooting this decent 3x2 that our dogs pushed out.
6857img_20130810_090040_290-1.jpg

This morning brought heavy fog, so we drank extra coffee and set out @ 7:00am. On the way up to the top this big boy jumped out and delayed the start of deer hunting activities. He field dressed a recorded 195 lbs, making him something like 225 live weight.

1744img_20130811_072923_797-1.jpg

The next deer drive brought more pigs into play. I shot a nice 75 lb young sow. Perfect meat pig, also easier to pack out. Pics on the 2nd pig to follow.

Two second generation hunters were with us, my bro's 14 year old son Ethan and good buddy Shep's 23 year old son Cody. Boy time flys, we were doing this before Cody was even born.

Good way to start the opener.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

LAST EDITED ON Aug-12-13 AT 05:40PM (MST)[p]Here's that 2nd pig with my super dog Peewee.
http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/3561image_(1).jpeg

I got a forky on Sunday morning A zone..will try and upload a pic soon. But yea your right the weather was the coolest I've ever experienced for opener.

Goat

Here are 2 happy first buck kids sunday evening.....
5833image.jpg

When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small

Nicely done!

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom