Cabelas brand optics vs vortex

sniper14

I'm in the market for some new glass and was just wondering which of the two brands are the best bang for your buck. Any advice would help. Thanks in advance

No doubt both are great optics and a good value. It comes down to what you're wanting to use the glass for really.. IMO Vortex is by far the better value, depending on what you're looking at, Vortex has the better price and by far the better warranty. For a typical Western style hunter you can't go wrong with the Viper HD or Razor HDs.

Cabelas Euro's are made by Meopta. Great quality and a good price. You can occasionally find some in the bargain cave if you have a store nearby.

Last year my friend was looking for new binoculars. With about a thousand dollar budget we went to Cabelas with buying either Vortex or Zeiss Conquest in mind. We took several pairs outside with the sales guy and looked through them all at the mountain a mile or so away. For me I liked the Vortex. She liked the Cabela's. The Zeiss just didn't work for her. The Cabela's seemed a little clearer to her. She looked at some Leicas like the ones I have too but didn't like the way they felt. In the end she got what fit HER best. The Cabela's Euro 10X. She used them a lot last year and had some trouble with the eye cups so she took them back after about four months of use and walked out with a brand new pair totally free.

So make sure YOU try them out. Not all eyes are created equal. Some do better with a different style. They also have to fit comfortably in your hands and your face.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

I had a pair of viper hd and loved them. My buddie had a pair of euro hd both 10x42 . We scouted all season and hunted a nevada deer hunt and ded. Hunter archery, muzz and rifle. Needless to say I now have a pair of euro hd. The color was better and edge to edge was better. My son is now a proud owner of a pair of viper hd. Don't get me wrong i liked both pair a lot but euro are a better. But they are 400 dollars more to. Just my opinion.

>No doubt both are great optics
>and a good value. It
>comes down to what you're
>wanting to use the glass
>for really.. IMO Vortex is
>by far the better value,
>depending on what you're looking
>at, Vortex has the better
>price and by far the
>better warranty. For a typical
>Western style hunter you can't
>go wrong with the Viper
>HD or Razor HDs.

Did you factor in the shipping costs to send it back to Vortex for warranty repair? It could get expensive.

A few years ago I bought a pair of razors. At the same time my friend bought a pair of Euros. Both were 10x42. We both agree that the Euro had slightly better color transmission. Everything else was a virtual tie.
At the time I paid $600 and he paid $800. The difference wasn't worth $200 to me at that time.

went to Cabelas with the intention of buying the swarovskis knowing the are the top of the heap. Salesman talked me into looking at the euros. ended up buying the euros and I was very impressed with the quality and clarity. Were they as good as the Swaros no but I felt the difference didn't justify three times the price. Haven't regretted it a minute. very good glass for the money!

comes down to what fits your eyes in the end... find what you like. look at warranty's to make sure it will suit your need

>>No doubt both are great optics
>>and a good value. It
>>comes down to what you're
>>wanting to use the glass
>>for really.. IMO Vortex is
>>by far the better value,
>>depending on what you're looking
>>at, Vortex has the better
>>price and by far the
>>better warranty. For a typical
>>Western style hunter you can't
>>go wrong with the Viper
>>HD or Razor HDs.
>
>Did you factor in the shipping
>costs to send it back
>to Vortex for warranty repair?
> It could get expensive.
>

Vortex will pay shipping both ways. They just send you a shipping label. Absolutely zero cost to you for shipping and repair.

Cabelas I have a pair of 12x50 have sent them in a couple times for repair,both times my fault.Both times they sent me a new pair at no cost to me.I will never own any thing else!!!!!

Cabela's warranty doesn't last long... I had a Alaskan Guide spotter they told me I'm SOL on and offered the name of some place that I was on my own with a few years ago... Not sure about the Vortex, but compared to the better quality American optics companies... Cabela's warranty sucks!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom